1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Advice on selling OEM tires and wheels

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by TNGator, Dec 22, 2012.

1. TNGator

TNGator Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Anyone had luck selling factory tires and wheels? I have 2,500 miles on them and I'm not sure how much to ask for. 195/65R15 Good Year Assurance Fuel Max. I also purchased the OEM Toyota center caps ($65). Everything looks brand new on the wheels and hubcaps. I've seen them on ebay from $400 to $950. Any thoughts?

2. IMkenNY

IMkenNY Im just being nosy

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    For expensive to ship items I try local first with craigslist and ebay free local classifieds.
    If you dont get your price then go with the regular Ebay.
    Prius Chat is also a good spot to offer them.

3. xpcman

xpcman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Not much of a market, unless you live in snow country. Then, they just want the rims. I suspect you might never get more the $400.

4. xliderider

xliderider Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Not sure what other vehicles have compatible offsets and bolt patterns, but you can try posting the wheels for sale for use on other vehicles that typically are offered with steel wheels on lower trim models.

I'm thinking Yaris and Corolla, but they might have a 4 x 100 bolt pattern intend of the 5 x 100 bolt pattern the Prius has.

Maybe someone will chime in with suggestions on which other cars have compatible fitments.

Edit: Just checked Tirerack's website. The Corolla has the same 5 x 100 bolt pattern as the Prius. The Yaris has an incompatible 4 x 100 bolt pattern.

5. TNGator

TNGator Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    great idea, thanks!

6. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    The market is saturated at the moment. That happened to me when I went to sell mine too. Now they are sitting in the classifieds for months at anything over $400. I think I just saw someone selling a set for $100. :( At those prices I'd probably buy another set lol.

7. Me Here

Me Here Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    You could hang onto the wheels and tires and if ever you go to trade in or sell your car, you instead sell the tires and wheels that are AM (assuming they are worth something) and put the stock ones back on. You may think "I'll never sell it!" but as someone who just had their brand new 2012 Prius smashed into and then "fixed" with many flaws now in the car, you just never know what might happen. Good luck.

8. TNGator

TNGator Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I live in the mountains of Northeast TN, so I think I might put a set of snow tires on the oem rims. Still not sure. Thanks for all of your replies.