1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Advice requested for '02 purchase (or not)

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by PriusRus, Mar 1, 2008.

1. PriusRus

PriusRus New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Howdy all. I've gotten to that "who do you trust" point on an '02 Prius that has 70k, is certified by the Toyota dealer (runs out 10/31/08), one-owner in great shape, and the HV battery warranty runs out 10/31/09. I getting mixed messages, as in another Toyota dealer is saying that I'll very likely need a new HV battery within 30k miles at the cost of $6 grand. I already own an '05 Prius and we're extremely happy with it. So, I'm concerned about that financial liability, if indeed that is the truth. The '02 is only a couple of thousand more than that. All I have to do to buy this is to say "yes" and it's a deal. So, I'm turning to you, the experts. Thanks!

2. JimN

JimN Let the games begin!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Traction batteries generally don't fail at 100,000 miles. Sounds like sour grapes from the 2nd dealer.

3. PriusRus

PriusRus New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Thanks, Jim. I am inclined to think the same thing about the second dealer. And, reading the many previous posts about the lack of battery failure helps make the deal a good one.
    Paul