1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

... after all, Ford's Mustang identifies as, a horse ~

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by asjoseph, Mar 29, 2022.

1. asjoseph

asjoseph Samuel, '04 Ruthiemobile

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    ... by 60 furlongs at the '73 Belmont, my Gen II would have blown Secretariat away:

https://spectator.org/cartoon/yogi-love-horse-race/

And, I could have done it, one handed. I should get a stimmy, for that - Samuel, '04 Ruthiemobile

2. PriusCamper

PriusCamper Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    It'd be better if you uploaded the actual photo of the cartoon rather than make us click on the link, which many of us won't bother to do.

3. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Some sites will allow you to insert an [img] link pointing to the image directly on its original site. I do that a lot, but it's not without controversy; some consider such "deep linking" to be unfairly leeching bandwidth of the hosting site. (PriusChat's software caches those images, though, so it doesn't use a lot of the hosting site's bandwidth.) Nevertheless, some sites will decline to serve the image from a link on a PriusChat page, considering it an unauthorized cross-site request. Actually uploading a copy of the image gets around that, but is generally not good form for copyright reasons.

hkmb likes this.
  4. hkmb

hkmb Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    When only the link is there and not the picture, we can imagine that the cartoon might have been funny, rather than some stupid nonsense making the same ridiculous bigoted-old-white-man-stuck-in-the-past argument that we've seen a million times before, but in an even less funny, even less imaginative way.

So there is a benefit to having just the link.

#4 hkmb, Mar 29, 2022
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2022
  5. PriusCamper

PriusCamper Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Yes, agreed... I think because I clicked the stupid link and it was such a stupid pathetic worthless cartoon I'd of wished it was just the garbage I scrolled past rather than clicking on it.

hkmb likes this.
  6. ETC(SS)

ETC(SS) The OTHER One Percenter.....

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    :ROFLMAO::LOL:

I managed to quell my curiosity and NOT hit a link that might or might not have been altered .......