1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

after just about a week of purchasing my prius, I am carless again.

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by busyrosy, May 3, 2006.

1. busyrosy

busyrosy New Member

My prius got stolen... by my fiancee. He won't let me drive it. "HIS" car is at the dealership for servicing, and he was supposed to pick it up today, and he "says" he feels lazy.

The truth is, ever since I got my prius, he just doesn't like his mercedes any more.

Is there any way to get my car back? LOL The other day, he was eagerly checking out this website that sell custom made parts for the prius - I really don't want to step into my garage one day, and see tacky rims or LED lights on my prius.

2. Catskillguy

Catskillguy New Member

I say, he withholds your ride, you withhold his ;)

3. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Catskillguy @ May 3 2006, 06:32 AM) [snapback]249001[/snapback]</div>
    [​IMG]

4. rfred

rfred New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Looks like it's time to say, "My key doesn't seem to be working in my new car, could I try yours?"

End of problem!

5. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    trade his car :p

6. Sufferin' Prius Envy

Sufferin' Prius Envy Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Fiance . . . Prius . . . Finance . . . Prius . . . . . .. Hummmmmmm. :unsure:

I say UPGRADE! :lol:

Get married, sell YOUR Mercedes, then purchase another Prius for your exclusive use . . . package #8 of course.

Repeat after me: “Honey, if you really love me . . . .â€

P.S.
    Yes, we live in California, but the following holds true here too: ;)
    Fiance = The guy.
    Fiancee = The gal.
    http://dictionary.cambridge.org/define.asp...28599&dict=CALD
    http://dictionary.cambridge.org/define.asp...01888&dict=CALD

Edit: Dang! Tideland beat me to the joke while I was composing. :( :lol:

7. Bill Lumbergh

Bill Lumbergh USAF Aircraft Maintainer

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    You don't want to see LED lights on the Prius? Quick, don't look at the factory taillights!

My advice is to girlie-up the Prius with lots of women-stuff. That should put him off if he is uncomfortable with his masculinity at all.

8. Trevor

Trevor Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I got lucky with keeping control of the Prius. My wife sees how much I love the car, so now she's afraid to drive it because she would feel too guilty if something happened to it under her watch.

9. Rancid13

Rancid13 Cool Chick with a Black Prius

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I think he definitely needs to trade in that Mercedes for a Prius of his own so he can give yours back to you! :D

10. V8Cobrakid

V8Cobrakid Green Handyman

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I agree... fiance or prius

he's still only a fiance right? no marriage yet? go for the prius. Then find another prius owner. ;) :lol:

:ph34r:

11. routeonedog

routeonedog New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(busyrosy @ May 3 2006, 04:36 AM) [snapback]248989[/snapback]</div>
    Been going through the same stuff with my wife. Her Subaru is just 2 years old and was
    definitely HER pick. I helped, but this was HER new car.

Well with the arival of MY Prius this past Nov. she has been making any number
    of excuses to drive the Prius.

While I have maintained exclusive us of MY Pruis for work, she has taken it on a number of
    business trips and other outings when I'm not planning to go anywhere. Especially with the
    cost of gas now, I can argue against her not taking the Prius instead.

As for your Fiance, I would go pick up his Mercedes and park in the driveway so he can miss it and
    will then have no excuse not to drive it the next time he leaves. Of course, make him pay!

12. busyrosy

busyrosy New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Catskillguy @ May 3 2006, 07:32 AM) [snapback]249001[/snapback]</div>
    hahaha ... good idea.. kinda

I got my first girly decoration recently ;) - A licence plate holder with rhinstones all around.

13. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I agree girly decorations. Clip on bud vase for the dash. Some one had a mod here for a purse holder. You should search for that! Chintz seat covers. Rhinestone licenses plate frame a must have! Talk to the cool chicks in black Prii they will help. This poor guy will run not walk to buy his own Prius, then send him here we will help him trick it out. He will be saved and the rest will be wonderful. 30 years from now he will thank us! He just need to be educated as to his place in the world.

14. Salsawonder

Salsawonder New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Ahhhh The single life! No one to fight for the remote or for the Prius!

15. darelldd

darelldd Prius is our Gas Guzzler

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(busyrosy @ May 3 2006, 01:36 AM) [snapback]248989[/snapback]</div>
    Wait a minute! It *comes* with tacky rim trim from the factory, EVERYBODY wants to upgrade to LEDs... don't they? What did I miss?

16. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Go down to the garage, pick up his Mercedes, take it to your Toyota dealer, and trade it in for a Prius. Bring it home and tell him, "Sweetheart, since you obviously prefer the Prius, I got you one. Your Mercedes? Oh, I could tell you didn't want that old thing anymore. I got rid of it."

17. bruceha_2000

bruceha_2000 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Fortunately I didn't have that problem. My wife drove my Prius once a few weeks after I got it in Sept '04 because she had a flat at work and had to pick up my daughter for an appointment and didn't have time to wait for AAA. Being the gallant soul that I am, I (somewhat reluctantly) swapped fob for keys and drove her car home after putting the mini spare on. I think she would have liked to drive it again but never asked. I think she couldn't come up with a good reason why she should. Both are 5 passenger small mid-sized wagon/hatchbacks.

I had eye surgery last August and the ride home in her car (did you know other cars lurch when they are moving? Something about shifting gears, VERY barbaric!. ;) ) was quite uncomfortable. I made her chauffeur me in my Prius for 2 weeks if I had to go somewhere. I don't think she minded all that much. Not soon after she decided she needed to replace her car because there are no headrests on the rear seat and our elder daughter had gotten tall enough to need one for safety. I offered to see if the rear seat from the next model year (which DOES have headrests) would fit her car. She politely declined, too much trouble :rolleyes: . We waited to order until January so we could get the camera and tax credit plus save it from winter salt. Just picked up the Barcelona #7 today.

I'm with the rest of the gang Rosy - trade him or his Mercedes but don't let this situation go on a minute longer!!!! :D