1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

After market (bluetooth phone, XM, Nav)

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by ewingman, Feb 18, 2008.

1. ewingman

ewingman New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    First time post, thanks for the help.

I just bought a 2008 Prius with Pk #2. I really wanted to get Pk #2 with bluetooth added, but it was hard enough to find a Prius at a good price. I eventually want to add bluetooth, XM , and Nav. I have looked at the Parrot 3100 (bluetooth) and PriusXM for the XM radio. I definitely want the systems integrated with the existing speakers.

My question is how many things can you actually integrate with the available connections under the dash? Will I have any compatibility problems trying to hook all three of these up? I am not really sure how the Nav integrates, but I read on one post that the Nav was hooked to the speaker turn off, which caused some problem with bluetooth. I guess I want to make sure I do not paint myself in a corner.

If anyone has any thoughts on whether the parrot 3100 is as good as the motorola ihf1000, I would appreciate it. As far as the XM, seems like there were two mentioned quite a bit, XM and Coastal.

Thanks for your thoughts.