1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

after market CD changer

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by priusnerd, Nov 17, 2004.

1. priusnerd

priusnerd New Member

I've been reading as much as I can on this forum and others about after market stereos and cd-changers, but I still have a few questions. I have a 2004 prius with basic package. If I install the Toyota 6 disc cd-changer will it replace the current cd player or is it just placed in the opening below the cd player? If the Toyota one is installed are the disc numbers integrated into the LCD? What about another CD changer, if I use the ports on the back of the single cd player like that on chris dragons guide can I control the discs through the LCD? And finally if I change anything can I still have use of the steering wheel buttons? Sorry about all the questions these are just the ones that I have been trying to answer. Thanks.

2. Gurmail

Gurmail Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I also wonder about that. From what I have seen and heard, the dealers(port?) add the 6 CD changer under the single CD. I have also read that the 6 CD changer doesn't display CD text.( if installed later as an accessory). I have a #7 (AM) and would love to get the JBL 6 CD changer. I know the extra speakers in the back doors would be missing but would it improve the rest of the sound system in addition to giving me a 6 CD changer and a cassette player? Does anyone know?