1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

After Market GPS

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by mkurasinski, Sep 18, 2006.

1. mkurasinski

mkurasinski New Member

I am having the dealer put a Clarion N.I.C.E GPS system in my 2006 Package 3 RED PRIUS. Anyone have any expierience with that system.

2. seasalsa

seasalsa Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I have a Garmin but here is what crutchfield advisor has to say about it.
    http://www.crutchfieldadvisor.com/ISEO-rgb...arion_nice.html

"Nice, but who needs it?
    If portable GPS guidance is your sole concern, the N.I.C.E. is probably more device than you need. Its relatively large size makes the unit impractical for use in cars that have limited windshield and/or dash space. The windshield mounting system, while secure and easy to use, also makes transporting the unit from car to car, or car to house, a bit more burdensome than it need be.

Clarion designed the N.I.C.E. for someone who's looking for an all-in-one navigation/video/music device that does not require a complex, lengthy, or permanent installation. RV, SUV, and truck owners will appreciate the large, bright screen, which provides an excellent display for maps, directions, and images from a rearview camera. If you travel a lot, you'll get serious mileage out of the 10 gigs of digital music storage and SIRIUS compatibility, while vacationers can connect a DVD player and watch a movie (in the car or in the beach house) using the VIDEO mode.

The bottom line — if you're looking for the latest and greatest in mobile entertainment, you'll find a lot to like in the N.I.C.E."