1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

After-market leather seat option

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by 2hansons2, May 28, 2007.

1. 2hansons2

2hansons2 New Member

We just picked up our 2007 Prius. Problem is, I did a lot of research but virtually no test driving since the dealer kept selling-out. My hubby drove one briefly 2 months ago, but I only rode.

Now that we have our little darling, I find that my right leg goes numb from the leg-angle while driving. (Note: I had an injury 2 years ago that causing numbing problems that the seat position seems to aggrivate.)

Dealership suggests adding an approved after-market leather seatcovers and building up the seat a bit. Sounds good, but then it may not be comfortable for hubby (not tall but has long legs.)

Anyone have this done or any other suggestions? Thanks. <_<

2. thebrattygurl

thebrattygurl New Member

You should find out if the after market leather seats have the "Liqui-Cell" technology which cushions your back, legs, etc.

I was hit by a semi truck somewhere near two years ago (before I got my Prius), and have a host of back and neck injuries. I love the Toyota Liqui Cell/Leather seats, and don't have any problems with numbness/soreness.

3. 2hansons2

2hansons2 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(thebrattygurl @ Jun 1 2007, 02:59 PM) [snapback]453462[/snapback]</div>
    Thanks for the information. Is the Liqui Cell automatically included with the #6 leather seats or is it something you need to request? Our dealer uses an after-market company in the Kansas City area that does a LOT of Toyota dealerships.

He priced us at $1600 which includes heaters in the bottom (but not lumbar) area. He said the 'hand' of the leather seems nicer than the OEM but didn't mention anything about the Liqui Cell. Boy would that be a great feature!