1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

After replacing hv battery

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by hoon84lee, May 1, 2015.

1. hoon84lee

hoon84lee Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hello all,

Recently my prius had exclamation point inside the triangle and all the symptoms from dead hv battery. So i put it in the shop instead of going to battery guy in Richmond, VA (hybridbatterypros.com). The guy gave us a fair quote, but my gf, who is a primary driver, would like to put it in the shop that she really trust last friday.

He was done with replacing battery on tuesday and returning the vehicle by himself after test drive. Then the exclamation inside the triangle popped again.

Do you guys know what might cause this? I havent been to the shop yet so i do not have any code from the reader.

#1 hoon84lee, May 1, 2015
    Last edited: May 1, 2015
  2. JC91006

JC91006 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Are you sure the battery was bad initially? You can't really guess with the information you provided, no details at all of what the car is doing

3. uart

uart Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    What shop? What type of replacement battery (brand new, second hand, reconditioned, just a few replaced modules ...)? How much?

Sorry but there's not enough details in your post to really guess this stuff.

4. Aaron Vitolins

Aaron Vitolins Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Was the battery cooling fan removed for cleaning? When I did mine, after a 30 min drive the triangle of death and a exclamation mark appeared. I thought to go put my ear to the fan, and sure enough it had stopped working due to corrosion in the main power supply connector for the fan. I ended up cutting out the connector and adding an inch of wire in it's place. Just my experience!

5. hoon84lee

hoon84lee Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I wasnt the one who test drove the prius, so i am not sure what other symptoms might be there.

I will visit the shop tomorrow and give you guys update on what is going on with the prius!

Aaron Vitolins likes this.
  6. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    thanks man!(y)