1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

After Three Months....I love it.

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by triumph1, Jul 20, 2008.

1. triumph1

triumph1 Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Went on a 2k mile road trip, including all over the Smoky Mountains. On the highway, cruise at 68mph, I got 49-50.5 mpg. Up and down the Smoky Mountains, I got 48 at the worst. My last tank, for my weekly commute, was 56.5 mpg. These figures are all hand calculated, A/C temp on "low" blower on "medium" or higher.

It is noisy as hell going up some of the steep mountain hills, especially when trying to go over 55, it sounds terrible. Other than that, this thing can't be beat.

I recently saw a stand up comedian on Comedy Central making fun of the Prius, and the sissy colors it comes in, and he specified my color, blue. Also noted the terrible noise going up hills. Said he owned an H2 and Prii get caught in his grill. Co workers tell me I look like a woman driving it, and there should be a prerequisite to have a vagina to drive one....

Saving $240 a month in gas (565 miles per week), I could care less about the naysayers.

2. ranchogirl

ranchogirl New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Many women have a saying about men who need to drive big cars, have big dogs, own big guns....

Compensation. ;)

Just ignore them. You know better.