1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Aftermarket 16" rims

Discussion in 'Prius v Accessories and Modifications' started by Weirderal, Jul 12, 2024.

1. Weirderal

Weirderal Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Hey all,

In the course of the mods I'm doing for fun on my 2012 v Three, but still trying to keep the good fuel economy, I'm considering getting some aftermarket rims. The trick is, I want to stick with the OEM tire size--I'm only 30,000 miles into the 80,000-mile warranty on my Hankook Kinergy PTs.

I have the 16" tires.

2012 Toyota Prius v - Wheel & Tire Sizes, PCD, Offset and Rims specs | Wheel-Size.com
    This website lists the spec as 6.5" wide, 5x114.3 bolt pattern, 60.1mm hub bore, and 37-41mm offset.

I was hoping for colorful rims, but 16" x 6.5" seems to be very hard to find.

The closest thing I've found so far is these:
    https://www.customwheeloffset.com/buy-wheel-offset/RTX-081837/rtx-envy-16x65-38?vehicle_type=Car&year=2012&make=Toyota&model=Prius+V&trim=Three&drive=FWD&modification=No+Modification&rubbing=No+rubbing+or+scrubbing&suspension=Stock

They match in all specs except hub bore, which they have as 73mm. But that can be remedied with wheel hub centric rings (or so I am told by the Autopian Discord).

Anyway, I was curious if anyone else had done such a mod, or knew specific websites selling other colors. I was hoping to find blue or orange options or something, but everything else I can find is 16" x 7".

Thanks in advance.

2. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    I've done it plenty in similar cars like Corollas some Hondas other Toyota models that didn't come to this country It's pretty basic stuff I can't answer for your Prius v version 3 or whatever we got here but pretty much all the same stuff so shouldn't be a real issue there should be plenty of wheels in even 16 in It was an expensive wheel and tire size at the time but I would imagine now shouldn't be a real problem as tire manufacturers and wheel manufacturers will pretty much whip up anything depends on how nice the wheels you're talking about I think this is where a lot of the problems will come in the people looking for 16-in wheels generally are prepared to pay the nice car kind of money It's a size not a lot of people come looking for It's too easy to flop back to 15's no matter what tire you just bought I mean the car people that would be kind of not really relevant The gas mileage and the inexpense of a lot of tires and whatnot in the 15-in common is butter tire size in the US for a hundred years well it's hard to mess with that