1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Aftermarket Accessories

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Harper, Apr 18, 2005.

1. Harper

Harper New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Morning Everyone-

I was just wondering if anyone knows if there are any companies like coastal tech in or near Los Angeles.....I would love to purchase some aftermarket accessories for my new Prius. Something along the lines of satellite radio and/or and iPod installation that works through the MFD.

2. mikednpv

mikednpv Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Harper @ Apr 18 2005, 09:44 AM) [snapback]82240[/snapback]</div>

Yes there are two kits that I just bought. (Haven't installed them yet though)
    The iPod integration kit is from VAIS Technology www.vaistech.com. The SoundLinQ (SLI) is what you want. It integates into the Multifunction Display.
    The other kit is for satellite radio. It's from Factory Interactive www.factoryinteractive.com. They sell two products for the prius; SiriusPrius and PriusXM. The systems also integrate into the MFD.
    Several people on Priuschat have installed the systems and they work very well. Search for iPod and Sirius and you get lots of info.
    I found out about the above products from an online article called "Pimp My Prius". Google those words and you see the link.

Good luck,

Mike