1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Aftermarket Amp Replacement for 06' Package 8

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by truesilverone, May 24, 2007.

1. truesilverone

truesilverone New Member

Hey All,

I'm looking to replace the OEM JBL Amp under the passenger seat with an after-market 4 or 5 channel one. Does anyone know if I can simply unhook and remove the one under the seat and replace it as is; with the wires and what not that was hooked up to the OEM?
    I can handle a speaker upgrade myself but the Amp is off my charts but I'm too cheap and too proud to pay $50 an hr. for some teen installer to do the same thing I could.

Thank All Stereo Techs!

2. Presto

Presto Has his homepage set to PC

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(truesilverone @ May 24 2007, 12:48 PM) [snapback]449286[/snapback]</div>

Check out DocVijay's thread for his setup and keeping the steering wheel controls and integration. The JBL amp is integrated into the Prius and I didn't feel like dealing with it. I just added a computer for the sound source and routed that to the 5-channel amp installed in the trunk. If you want to still be able to use the stock stereo/cd player, you may want to check out JL Cleansweep for making an aftermarket amp work with the stock system including fade and balance controls.