1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Aftermarket Bluetooth + iPhone Integration

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by J4mes, Feb 13, 2010.

1. J4mes

J4mes New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Heya,
    I've read the other threads and done some research into it but haven't been able to come up with a definitive answer. I have an 06 Prius package B? No nav/cd changer/bluetooth. I'm looking for ways that I can fully utilize my iPhone with my prius. I first purchased the "Belkin Tunebase Direct" but due to the prius's awkwardly placed 12v plugs, it was rendered useless. So I settled for the "Griffin AutoPilot" which works great, but offers no mic, so that means no handsfree.

Which brings me to bluetooth. If I had bluetooth integration in my prius, then when I'm listening to music and get a call, the bluetooth would pick it up.

So my question is, are there any aftermarket bluetooth kits that I can install that would integrate with the speakers?

Also, for the fellow iPhone owners, what is your solution? I want to be able to play music through my speakers, as well as take calls. I'm thinking of trying out the Tom Tom Car Kit, but I'm worried that won't be able to mount well in the prius, also the Idea of having all those cables dangling everywhere doesn't make me particularly pleased. Right now I have my griffin set up pluged into the armrest which works great because then I just close the lid on top of the one ipod cable that comes out to connect to my iphone. I like to put my iphone in the farthest cup holder which actually works pretty well for GPS apps. I just listen to the directions and look down at it at red lights. Other than that the DICE system looks nice, but would leave me in the same boat as the current griffin set up I have, unless it pumps the call through the speakers? Anyways, sorry for the long winded post!! I thought it would be better than cross posting and such.
    Thanks!
    J4mes

2. don_chuwish

don_chuwish Well Seasoned Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
  3. zenMachine

zenMachine Just another Onionhead

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius