1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Aftermarket drink holder?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by LeadingEdgeBoomer, Jul 10, 2010.

1. LeadingEdgeBoomer

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    What have you done to add another drink holder to the driver or front passenger area of the 2010 Prius? The one back of the shifter is fine, but I have used up the one in the console with a coin holder--not a particularly good location anyway, IMHO. Only needed when two of us are in the car and have beverages. A folding model (or one that is easily removed) is preferred. Better quality plus a color compatible with dark gray interior also preferred.

I have found this:
    3 folding CUP HOLDER GRAY VW Eurovan MV caravel table: eBay Motors (item 290368207490 end time Aug-05-10 15:12:10 PDT)

It comes in several colors, and is $10 plus ship for one. But it is about 4" x 4" x 3/4" thick when closed, and cannot see an obvious place to put it. Placement on door seems a problem when opening and closing. I would attach with strong double-side foam tape, not screws.

Another source:
    Home Page

A Fischer (German) folding cupholder:
    Fischer Cup Holder $14.99 - Ultimate Cupholders - Cup holders for 5 Series and 7 Series BMW, Z4, Porsche Boxster / Porsche 911 996, Mercedes, Audi, Acura NSX and other fine cars. The ultimate cup holder / cupholder!
    but it seems to come only in black.

Ideas?

2. seegarman

seegarman Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II

I have the Fischer cupholders installed in another car and like the convenience and functionality. I plan to install these holders in my GIII on the console, one for the driver and one for the front passenger. The rear passengers could use an additional holder too.

3. LeadingEdgeBoomer

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Thanks for the Fischer recommendation. The problem I see is the lack of truly horizonal or vertical mounting spaces, other than the side of the lower storage under the shifter. I don't want to use mounting screws, so I need a larger (4") area for Velcro or strong foam tape.

Where do you plan to install the Fischer in the front?

4. seegarman

seegarman Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II

My two candidate areas are on the lower part of the console just below the drivers and passenger's knees and on the front doors where the oem drink holder is located.

I really want to mount the holder on the upper part of the console on the passenger's side but there maybe some crafting of adapters for the uneven surfaces.

I too am struggling at finding a suitable location and fastening method.

Maybe one day someone will invent a double cup holder to replace the existing slide-in single holder in the center console.

1 person likes this.
  5. cagirl

cagirl New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I love my 2010 Prius, but it's REALLY lacking in the cup holder area:-(

I too use the one in the console to hold things. Mostly cause it annoys me when its slid open. So that leaves only one cup holder, which isn't enough (need one for coffee, water, phone...), especially when there is a passenger.

Wish there was one that fit snugly, or that can be mounted, to the opening on the lower half of the console. Seems to be a waste of space down there.

6. tomstodola

tomstodola Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    As far a the phone - get a pro fit mount. It works very well. You just use the adhesive tape and lift the edge of the console by the front cupholder. It gives you a flat surface on which you can mount a phone clip. I have a Droid 2 and I used the Verizon belt clip and just cut off the back, then drilled two small holes an screwed it down.
    The cupholder suck, though.

7. 32kcolors

32kcolors Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Some members have installed a tray with cupholders in the front center console opening, but why not just use water bottles in the bottle holders in the doors? That's two extra holders.

There are four cupholders up front and two cupholders in the back, for a total of six.

8. tomstodola

tomstodola Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    The thing is, if you want to use a larger drink cup (I used to use a 52 oz insulated cup - 99 cents per refill at most convenience stores and it stays cold for hours and doesn't get condensation) you have no where to put it. My HCHII had a good spot on the console that would hold it. If someone could come up with a decent holder for the Prius that would be sweet!

9. Dweezil

Dweezil Cat Juggler

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
  10. bino

bino JDM ZVW30

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    found this on japan auction.....

TOYOTA

[​IMG]

11. itssunnyv

itssunnyv New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    II
  12. jordanr

jordanr Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Lol that's just horrible business on their part.

iPhone ?

13. itssunnyv

itssunnyv New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    II
    OK... so update #2

I was finally able to message the seller. I told him that I hope he didn't take offense to my initial offer. He responded and has 'unblocked' me from bidding.

I guess some things may have been lost in translation and he may not have understood something in my first email.

Being that other sellers are selling this item at $65 + shipping, I'll probably buy from him anyway.

14. jordanr

jordanr Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    That's good. I'm thinking about buying this too. During road trips, I like to drink water throughout the trip. Two extra spots for water bottles is nice lol. I'm guessing this is coming from overseas?

15. itssunnyv

itssunnyv New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    II
    yep. Coming from Japan. Imagine if someone locally made something similar. They could totally cash in.

16. jordanr

jordanr Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    That would be great if someone made these locally or if we could buy in bulk of 10 or something and receive some discount.

iPhone ?

17. GoldPianoGarden

GoldPianoGarden Bling Meister

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    He has said they only have the gray color and the bluish aqua one, which is a Japan interior color option. They DON'T have the tan/bisque ---- which is, of course, what color my interior is...

18. rleepac

rleepac New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Ok this looks like something I could use but I don't read or speak Japanese. Anyone know the price? Has anyone purchased this?

19. GoldPianoGarden

GoldPianoGarden Bling Meister

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
  20. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Aqua is Misty Grey. In Canada, it was called Aqua before they changed it to Misty Grey at the last minute.