1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

aftermarket gps and bluetooth functionality

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by funkibudha, Aug 16, 2006.

1. funkibudha

funkibudha New Member

i'm new to this board and have a question about aftermarket gps units - in particular the ones that have bluetooth. i'm looking to purchase the garmin nuvi 360. as i understand, the bluetooth functionality of the nuvi is for using your bluetooth phone to make calls but can the directions be "fed" via bluetooth using the stereo system ? ie.. will you hear directions from the gps on the factory radio. since i have a package #6 '06 prius, i don't really care about the bluetooth to phone functionality.

cheers.

grant

2. eagle33199

eagle33199 Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    I think i can fairly reliably say no. The only bluetooth interface that exists on the MFD is the phone interface, limiting you to sending numbers (when the car is not moving) to bluetooth devices. The deciding factor, i think, is that neither the car nor the Garmin is designed for what you want. Both are designed to accept connections from cell phones, nothing more.

So in short, it looks like both devices would prevent you from doing what you want.