1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

aftermarket gps /dvd /cd /backup camera installed

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by caycarem, Jun 24, 2009.

1. caycarem

caycarem New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    is it possible to install one of those aftermarket all in one gps/ dvd/ cd /backup camera on the prius 2010? you can find them in ebay for about $500, would be great to put in the prius package II/III and save a ton of $$

2. fuzzy1

fuzzy1 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    No idea on the OP, but --

A Gen-II post made me wonder -- would it be possible to get a real Gen-III rear camera, mount it in the obvious mounting position to the left of the license plate (now covered with a black plastic insert), and interface it to an aftermarket display up front? I haven't looked into any details yet to see whether the OEM system uses a generic interface, or something special.

3. steve44

steve44 New Member

Model:
    II
    aftermarket backup camera installed

I'm also interested in getting an aftermarket backup camera for my wife. She bought the 2010 model II without a backup camera but she just backed up into a tow hitch and cost us almost a grand to fix the bumper and other undercarriage fixings ($500 for the new bumper and labor).

Anyone else know if this is possible? I'm just looking for the backup camera though. No need for GPS.

Thanks!!!

4. a64pilot

a64pilot Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    One of you smart guy's see what it would take to install the stock Canadian back up camera. I believe it is displayed in the rear view mirror. It's what I want because everything would be factory with no holes etc