1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Aftermarket Nav

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by kev12345, May 26, 2010.

1. kev12345

kev12345 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Aftermarket Nav w/ Cam

I'm looking at getting the new Pioneer AVIC X920BT receiver as I hear the toyota nav is garbage.

I don't care for the camera image in my rear view mirror, and would like to instead see it on the new head unit. Am i going to have the proper connections behind the stock unit to make this happen?

2. Rebound

Rebound Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Yes, it has an input for a rear-view camera, but I do not know if you will be able to use your existing rear view camera with it.

3. kev12345

kev12345 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I know the head unit has an input for the camera, but i was wondering if the wire is actually back there since right now its displayed way up in the rear view mirror. i was just wondering if it would be plug and play or if I have to splice the connection in the mirror down to the head unit area.

4. rrolff

rrolff Prius Surgeon

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Re: Aftermarket Nav w/ Cam

You *should* have a composite video cable someplace - but will have to locate it (follow the wires?).

Read the threads - you have JBL, and will likely need a thing from PAc called the PAC-TATO ($70). You will also need the PAC-SWI PS ($40), and possibly PAC WRI ($40 + $25 remote - if you want to add a wireless remote - see that thread here later)...

With all that, there's no reason it would not work... You may consider the Z110 for it's larger display - but that's preference.