1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

aftermarket radio

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by highmilesgarage, Oct 15, 2022.

1. highmilesgarage

highmilesgarage Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Anybody replaced the radio with aftermarket? what are the things that's most likely to not work? I know the FM. station list display will not show up anymore on the screen, besides that what else? I plan on adding a stereo with CarPlay and then add a metro axess swc module for the steering controls.

2. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    Well you're getting way newer than what I have I have an old Clarion head unit installed plugs right up lots of things work few things don't I can't remember what all has its own full function remote 7-in screen flip down fold down whatever all it does I've turned it on like twice The people that wired it wired it so every time you turn the radio on it turns on like for the first time in its life goes to the display screen and all the BS I need to take one of the wires off full-time power or something I just never bothered I never hardly use it The car didn't hardly ever get used until a lot of stuff failed on it but I still have the Clarion head unit that's in the car with a bunch of other parts that are good

3. alftoy

alftoy Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Base