1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

aftermarket steering wheel, momo sparco etc

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by minispeed, May 17, 2011.

1. minispeed

minispeed Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Has anyone put an aftermarket racing style wheel in their gen II prius? I am tall and want to extend the seat back but I think this will make the non teloscopic wheel too far away and I will then want to put a spacer in the wheel which is easily done with 6 bolt racing style wheels. I know this will remove the airbag and the audio controls and I'm willing to live with that.

I can't find any hub adapters listed as fitting the prius. Does anyone know if any other toyota model hub adapters will work?

Thanks

2. flareak

flareak Fleet Captain

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Yeah, I've done a search before as well and came up blank. I don't think anyone has attempted this mod as of yet. I would love some thumb rests and a 3-spoke wheel!

3. minispeed

minispeed Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    The other thing that I didn't think of at first was the cruise control, attached to the wheel and I can't live without that. I'm going to look at adding an extended to the stock wheel.