1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Aftermarket Stereo - No sound front door speakers

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by J. Naranjo, Jan 25, 2019.

1. J. Naranjo

J. Naranjo Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I installed a Kenwood DDX774BH and used the Metra 70-8117 Factory Amplifier Harness to bypass the factory amplifier on my 2005 Prius with navigation. I am having trouble getting sound from my front door speakers. I only get sound from the front tweets. Has anyone had this issue and how did you resolve it?

2. egg_salad

egg_salad Active Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    Are you using the factory door speakers? I'm pretty sure they are wired same as the non-JBL system, that is - one pair of wires goes in to the doors, goes to the tweeter, then passes through the tweeter connection to the mid-bass. If you are using the factory speakers and did not open the door panels, I can't see how this would be possible.

Oh, wait. I just looked at the manual for your radio. There are switchable HPF (and LPF, but that's not relevant). Do you have the HPF engaged on the front speaker outputs?

3. 69shovlhed

69shovlhed Surly tree hugger

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    if you had the jbl system the front tweeters have separate wires from the woofers. you must not have hooked up both sets of wires to your kenwood.

4. egg_salad

egg_salad Active Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    Oh! My bad!

5. J. Naranjo

J. Naranjo Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model: