1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Aftermarket Stereos?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by philster, Sep 1, 2006.

1. philster

philster Junior Member

Just wondering if anyone out there has tried installing an aftermarket stereo in their Prius years 04' and later? If so did everything go smoothly? Has anyone installed aftermarket speakers also?

I'm asking this because i'd like to get the base model and put money into the sound system since I don't care for having the Navigation system.

thanks !

2. eagle33199

eagle33199 Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    So, everyone's allowed a "rookie" mistake. Try using the search function on the forums here, and you'll find that many people have replaces the speakers, and a few have either replaced the radio or added a second radio in the slot below it. You'll also find detailed posts on problems encountered, etc, along with some helpful, detailed, guides on how it was done.

Oh, and change over the the Audio part of the forums for more help :-p

3. GreenSpeed

GreenSpeed New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Yeah, I had that problem. Look at my sig for the Subwoofer enclosure i installed. PM me if you want the link to where my pics are.

4. Presto

Presto Has his homepage set to PC

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(philster @ Sep 1 2006, 08:22 AM) [snapback]312750[/snapback]</div>
    Have you looked into whether you want VSC or not? That's a great safety feature to have. I was planning to get the base model as well, but opted for Package B because of the side airbags. It was $5000 more, but I don't know what'd I do without the other features that came with this package: VSC, SKS, HomeLink, and alarm system. I didn't care for the JBL system, and could've done without them, but there's usually a few things that you just won't/can't use.