1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Aftermarket Upgrade/Integration suggestions?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by kdmorse, Feb 17, 2011.

1. kdmorse

kdmorse Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I have a stock Gen II, 2006, with the 6 disk CD changer. And it suites me well.

However, it is starting to fall behind when it comes to the fancier features available today, such as MP3 player integration, bluetooth radio, and USB storage. I know there were addons that integrate with the system nicely providing a ipod interface. (I don't have an ipod, but I could pick up a cheap one for this project). But that was a long time ago (2006). Anything new that can be recommended that might be better? For example, something that integrates and simply provides a USB adapter would be great. Select AUX, and it plays off my usb stick. Anything close to that available?

What is available these days? How fancy do the current integration kits get?

Thanks,

-Ken

2. ixtroisy

ixtroisy New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Have a look at those models:
    http://priuschat.com/forums/gen-ii-...pgrade-head-unit-kenwood-excelon-dnx6960.html

My JVC KW-NT3HD play MP3 nicely directly from USD or SD drive, can control my ipod from the touchscreen, be used simply with AUX or bluetooth while playing music or audio books on a PMP (Archos, Sony....) or be used as a bluetooth handfree receiver with the added bonus of a good mic compared to my old solution... the only thing I have trouble with is the wheel button integration. I hope to fix that when I have a moment. The rest (integration, navigation...) is great, and already a big improvement sound-wise even without changing the speakers.