1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Aftermarket Windshield Wipers for 2010 Prius?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by Faber, Feb 26, 2010.

1. Faber

Faber Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    OK, my local Toyota dealer wants $45.00 for a new driver's side windshield wiper, $44.00 for a new passenger's side wiper, and $28.00 for the rear wiper on my 2010 Prius. Obviously these prices are rediculous! I replaced all the wipers on my 2008 Prius with Anco aftermarket blades and they worked better than the original Toyota blades--all for about $12.00 (from Wal-Mart). WHY DOESN'T ANYONE OFFER A GOOD SET OF AFTERMARKET WINDSHIELD WIPERS (OR JUST THE RUBBER INSERTS) FOR THE 2010 PRIUS? I see that Bosch does offer a set for a little less than what Toyota is asking but, I don't know that much about them. I suppose I am asking WHY DOES IT TAKE SO LONG FOR ANCO, TRICO, ETC., TO OFFER AN AFFORDABLE ALTERNATIVE to OEM BLADES? Replacing OEM with less expensive aftermarket blades makes sense since they are, as I mentioned, less expensive and eaiser to find.

2. 32kcolors

32kcolors Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Is the annual replacement of wipers a snow/winter thing that us Californians don't know about?

3. pjksr02

pjksr02 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
  4. Joe166

Joe166 New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    V
    I got the impression that he doesn't think that any of the aftermarket manufacturers of windshield wipers make a blade or insert that fits the Prius. I haven't checked, but that sounds hard to believe. You measure the rubber part, figure out how it is attached to the blade and buy a replacement insert in the right size.

If you can't figure out how to do that, go to an auto parts store, act really nice and ask them how to find the right part and then how to install it. Just to get you out of the store they will probably install it for you.

5. jayvee

jayvee Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Yeah, those prices are steep!

Your Toyota Dealer should also have the replacement inserts, though. I doubt they (2010 Prius inserts) are any different from others they normally carry for other vehicles. They are typically about $5-6 each (still steep). If you can get the part number, you may be able to order them online for less (but then you'll pay shipping.)

6. F512M

F512M Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V

Wow, that's steep. :mad: