1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Aftermarket XM only shows 8 characters

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by dovcamp, Dec 11, 2004.

1. dovcamp

dovcamp New Member

Does anybody know why the aftermarket XM unit sold by radioxm and others only shows 8 characters of the Artist and Track? Does the factory one do the same thing?

2. rflagg

rflagg Member

Pioneer seems to be the brand that often, if not always, has 8 characters max - and unfortunately, the Toyota unit that works with the Prius is a Pioneer. (XM isn't a factory option for the Prius yet - the only available options are the aftermarket additions).

-m.

3. dovcamp

dovcamp New Member

ok, thanks. BTW, why do you have a sad face next to your lifetime MPG? I don't keep track of mine, but I'm sure it would be around 43 or something. How are you guys getting higher MPG?

4. rflagg

rflagg Member

haha, just put it there because my last tank was low enough to knock down my average .3mpgs

Driving short trips really kills the mileage - if you are close to work (less than 5 minutes), or a good deal of your driving is very short distances, your mileage will suffer. Also, of course, it's been mentioned quite often that driving cautiously (feathering accel, etc.) helps quite a bit.

Don't get me wrong, I'm still quite happy to be at 51 mpgs, and so far this winter is quite mild which will help my mileage.

-m.

5. dovcamp

dovcamp New Member

I guess I'll have to drive more cautiously then :lol:

BTW, I think it's 10 characters not 8, but it's still not enough for most artist/song names. Oh well, I'm done complaining now. I still love the music on XM and wouldn't go back to FM only if you paid me.

6. toyotapartsnow

toyotapartsnow New Member

I beleive it is 10 characters. And yes it's a Pioneer thing.

Where is Melgish when we need him. :)