1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Again & Again!! Third Time to be Hit in Four Months -- Back to the Same Repair Shop . . Again!

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by a priori, Aug 29, 2009.

1. a priori

a priori Canonus Curiosus

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    First was my 2007 getting slammed in a hit-and-run. It was a pretty expensive repair, and I had to pay the deductible because the guy just flew away from the accident.

A couple of weeks after I got the car back I traded it in for my 2010 Prius V (w/ AT). Fast forward two happy months, and then less than two weeks ago someone backed into my new 2010 and caused even more damage than the hit-and-run guy. See this fun thread: Again!! Second Prius to be Hit -- Back to the Same Repair Shop, I Guess After this expensive repair, and eight days driving an unbelievable gas hog, I was thrilled to pick up my 2010 with a new left fender and a few other interesting repairs (and an alignment to make certain all was good).

This morning (less than three days since picking up my "new" car, I was driving through a local strip mall parking lot. I saw a van backing out, and when the van stopped, I assumed the driver saw me. I then continued driving on, but the van's driver then jumped on the gas pedal and quickly backed out of his parking spot. I stomped on the brakes and the horn at the same time. Clearly, the driver wasn't paying much attention, and he accelerated right through the left front bumper of my newly-fixed 2010!

Third accident. Third insurance company. Third time at the same repair shop.

Here's the evidence (note the beautifully repaired left front fender right behind the crumpled bumper!!):
    [​IMG]

Closer:

[​IMG]

Really, now: Can you believe it?

Attached Files:

1 person likes this.
  2. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Do NOT play the lottery any time soon...yuck.

3. quantumslip

quantumslip Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    owww man that sucks :(

4. a priori

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    :caked:
    I'm sure this comes as a great surprise: No one seems to want to be anywhere near me these days!!

I should have noted it earlier, but the great news is that no one was hurt in these accidents (except for my neck and my wallet in the first incident -- the hit and run).

The two recent ones were interesting in that the other party quickly 'fessed up responsibility. No everyone does!!

5. Fujisan

Fujisan Blizzard Brigade #309

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Wow!:eek:

What did you do...kick a black Cat under a ladder! :(

6. ggood

ggood Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Man, that is just a major PITA! If I were you I would seriously be considering trading in for a RED or WHITE car, so they can you coming! It might upset Bob, but maybe you want to support that bell the hybrid bill after all! :D

7. Richard P

Richard P New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Keep going, at that rate, you might be able to get a discount !

Get 3 repairs, the fourth one is free !!!

Fortunately, no one has been seriously injured and even if it is a Prius and we like to think differently, it is only steel and plastics. It can be fixed !

8. a priori

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    How about fluorescent chartreuse? (That's ACT Yellow for people named Pat Sparks.)

I'd think about some kind of noisemaker, because the horn apparently isn't loud enough. Also, the two recent events occurred when my car was parked or stopped.:eek:

9. a priori

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I asked at the shop, yesterday, if they would stamp my card for me. I wasn't thinking clearly enough and suggested it was "Get 4 and the 5th is free." Should have gone with your suggestion . . .

Can't be any truer -- no one was hurt at all in the past two. Also, the people who hit me have taken full responsibility for the events and have been very civil, kind and pleasant.

10. patsparks

patsparks An Aussie perspective

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Blue cars! They just blend into the colour of day dreams.

Sorry to hear about your run of rotten luck A Priori.

Huh, what? who? where?
    There are so many of those pesky Pat Sparks' around these days!

11. MataOrtiz

MataOrtiz Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Could the repair shop be paying off the other drivers? Sure is a lot of business for them.

Just kidding (although stranger things have happened).

Honestly, you must be really bummed, frustrated, sad, devastated..(must be 100 other words to use also) that your new "baby" has been hit, not once, but twice. Try not to let it get you down.

12. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Geez, man. You clearly live in a dangerous part of the world. I'm glad that I don't live anywhere near you.

Seriously, so sorry to hear about your troubles. Though it does remind me of that Saturday night Live skit: "a recent study has shown that on average a man is mugged in NYC every thirty seconds. Here is that man."

13. LoraJ

LoraJ Active Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Your poor baby. :(

14. a priori

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    It is a bummer, but lots of worse things have happened to me in just the past week, so it is no biggie. The car will be fine. No one was hurt. And, some more people will get paid to work.

For some reason, though, I am not so emotionally attached to this Prius as I was to my first. I think this is the best car ever, but I guess it just won't be the same as that first Prius . . .

Love it!! I'd forgotten about that one.

I suppose I'm the average Prius driver getting into a fender bender. I hope it stops soon!

15. Bica2go

Bica2go New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    A priori, I feel your pain. It brings back sad memories of a blue saab I had back in the 80's. First I was hit on the drivers door when the car was 6mos old - major damage with parts on national backorder (I should have had it totalled but I was naive and this was my 1st accident ever). I finally got the car back and 6 days later was hit on the passenger side by a pick up truck that ran a red light at 8am on a Sat. Over the course of 8yrs, I had 7 accidents including 3 hit and runs. Fortunately, I wasn't at fault so my insurance rates didn't go through the roof. Friends told me to keep pre-printed insurance paperwork in the glove box. I haven't owned a blue car since. I love the blue ribbon and would have taken one if it was available. Now, I think I'm glad I didn't get one!

16. MataOrtiz

MataOrtiz Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    What color is your new Prius?

17. frogpond1

frogpond1 New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    If I ever see a blue Prius I'm running the other way :)

18. a priori

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    If it is moving, there should be no trouble. BUT . . . I caution you not to get too close to a blue Prius that is deviously sitting still.

19. Blind Guy

Blind Guy New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Man! I feel SO guilty, we've had our's almost a month and NOT ONE SINGLE BUG is on the car, much less been hit TWICE!!!

Seriously, to get the car you've wanted, and then have it desacrated twice, you've got to be really sad. I'm sure ALL Prius Chat members feel for you.

David (aka Blind Guy)

20. dmvp

dmvp Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Okay...yeah, I'm thinking we don't try to have a Chicago area gathering of Prii...

;)

I feel awful for you!! Hope they fix it soon, and I hope 3 times the charm and there will be no more accidents for you!!!