1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Ahead of the Bell: in Flight Phone Ban still in force

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by hb06, Apr 4, 2007.

1. hb06

hb06 Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    "Few passengers applaud these days as a plane lands, but there will likely be cheering in the skies over a decision to retain the ban on in-flight use of cell phones."

"The Federal Aviation Administration, meanwhile, bans the use of cell phones and other portable electronic devices to prevent any possible interference with navigational and communications systems."

http://www.forbes.com/feeds/ap/2007/04/04/ap3581615.html

2. eagle33199

eagle33199 Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    Yeah, i saw that earlier... it's definitely a good thing. the one thing i don't want to have is someone yakking away on their cell phone for an entire 2 hour flight right next to me.

3. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(eagle33199 @ Apr 4 2007, 01:01 PM) [snapback]417773[/snapback]</div>
    OMG, we agree on something! :lol:

Wildkow

p.s. Now if we could just agree on the monster thng! :p

4. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I don't own a cell phone. I don't care if I can't talk on the cell phone I don't own on a plane.

I think I should get a discount on my auto insurance for NOT owning a cell phone. If I don't own a cell phone, I can't be talking ON the cell phone while I'm driving now, can I?

5. fshagan

fshagan Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm always amazed at the people who get on the plane, sit down, and call a friend. "Oh, I'm on the airplane now, and they are ready to shut the door. Bye!" Then when you land, they whip out the phone as soon as you're off the runway and onto the taxiway, and call someone and say "We just landed and we're taxi-ing up to the gate. It was a pretty good flight. OK, bye."

Just who are they talking to that cares about this kind of inane daily life trivia? Do they call them when they hop in their car in the morning? Or when they stop for gas? If I had someone in the seat next to me yakking on a cell phone for an entire flight, I'd fold them up and stuff them in the overhead bin.

6. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(fshagan @ Apr 5 2007, 11:01 PM) [snapback]418650[/snapback]</div>
    I usually mention that I had a nice BM on the flight because constipation is always a factor on long trips. [attachmentid=7292]

Wildkow

Attached Files:

7. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(fshagan @ Apr 5 2007, 10:01 PM) [snapback]418650[/snapback]</div>
    When I travel on a standby basis (on an airline pass), I generally do let my wife know that I made the flight after it is pretty clear that I can no longer be bumped in favor of a revenue passenger. On a full flight I do that when they are getting ready to shut the door and cross check.

On arrival, if I am being met at the airport, I let the person who is there to meet me know when we touched down. That way they get a better idea of when to drive up to the terminal arrival area to pick me up. It saves the hassles of parking the car or of being chased away from the curb by eager airport police officers. Remember "The white curb is for immediate loading and unloading of passengers only" recordings at LAX?