1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

AIC-100i firmware update procedure?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by jwdberlin, Nov 9, 2005.

1. jwdberlin

jwdberlin New Member

I'm awaiting my unit the next days - I was quite on top of the second group buy list.

Now I have an iPod nano and a new 5G video, which requires some very new firmware, regarding to postings in this forum. I have to pay approx. $65 for shipping to Germany (and VAT and customs...).

To upgrade firmware by sending the unit back would be way too expensive. Does anyone know how this upgrade is done? Is there a serial or JTAG interface onboard so that I could do the update by myself?

Greetings from Berlin, Germany,
    Johann

2. BobR

BobR Member

The only person that could answer this is Eugene at Vais.

What firmware version do you have now?

Bob

3. bookrats

bookrats New Member

No info on firmware updates or the like, but I did want to clarify that the older firmware works fine with the Nano. (Works fine with mine, anyway.) From the descriptions on the forum, it's the 5G iPod that's the problem.

4. aka007ii

aka007ii New Member

So it looks like if your iPod works don't ever upgrade the iPod software or it might not work with the adapter any more. Or does the iPod software not matter?

5. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I think it does matter. I upgraded mine to the most recent and have to either go back or send the unit in. I am sending it in this weekend.

6. aka007ii

aka007ii New Member

No upgrading for me then. I will wait untill Apple makes iTunes so it won't work with my software before I upgrade. If it works, don't screw with it. There is no way I want to get back into the dash and unplug everything to send it in.

7. datavortex

datavortex New Member

I have a 4G iPod with the most recent software, and a recently assembled AIC-100i, and they play well together.

I am wary about updating the iPod software too, though.