1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

air and cabin filters for 2013 Prius - best prices? Toyota vs. other brands?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by eidling, Nov 20, 2014.

1. eidling

eidling Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Hi - I was curious about recommendations regarding the filters. I have done a search and know some of this has been covered, so I apologize, but if I could just get a quick recap of opinions regarding brands, places with good prices, etc., I would appreciate it. Taking a look at eBay for example, the price range for filters is huge. I don't want to compromise quality, but I also don't want to end up paying more than is necessary.

thanks very much!

2. milkman44

milkman44 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I wonder about that too, I've tried two different filters and neither seemed to fit right. I can't tell if the pleats in the filter are supposed to run front to back or side to side, neither was a good fit.

3. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    With 48000 kms I've not had to change either the cabin or engine filter yet. The engine filter looks brand-new, the cabin filter is getting a bit grungy, I just reverse-blew it with compressed air a couple of times now. Considering how infrequently I'm going to be getting a new filter, and the trivial cost, I'm inclined to just go to the Toyota Parts counter, get theirs.

4. yeldogt

yeldogt Active Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    I order a lot of stuff from AutohousAZ ... filters and drain plug for the Prius ... I have not need much for them. I also have used online toyota/ lexus dealer for when I want OE parts -- pads/ rotors .. wiper inserts. Irontoad -- dealership in PA .. they charge for shipping .. but it's minor.

5. Okinawa

Okinawa Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    I buy only Toyota filters. I think they are better and they don't cost that much.

6. orenji

orenji Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Toyota Filters as well, cost is not that significant.