1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Air-Con Compressor noise.

Discussion in 'Prius c Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Mr Gee, Nov 20, 2013.

1. Mr Gee

Mr Gee Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    N/A
    Just put my car in for it's first year's service(20,000km). I made an observation to the service tech that during warm weather, there is a noticeable rattly whirring sound.

During testing, they were able to compare my car with another and confirmed the noise to be from the air-con compressor. They have processed the warranty claim on this for me and hopefully, a new compressor will be fitted in a few weeks time. (y) for Ferntree Gulley Toyota

2. Emcguy

Emcguy Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    N/A
    The Denso air-con is meant to be bullet proof! (Some of the local stuff is even made right next to Ferntree Gully!)

3. ets_87

ets_87 New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm not sure if I have the same thing but if anyone can help that would be great. When the car is on but just using battery power and I turn the AC on it makes a whine type of noise that I consider to be somewhat loud. Not sure if this is normal but it definitely seems odd enough for me to post this. I can notice this sound easily when sitting in the garage and turn the AC on initially with the windows down. Not sure how long it has been doing this but does anyone know if this is normal?

4. Matt H

Matt H Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Aqua
    Model:
    N/A

Normal. That sound is the AC compressor running. You don't hear it in a normal car because the engine is running. AC compressors are loud.

5. Flying White Dutchman

Flying White Dutchman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    you can also check if there are no leaks

a low or no level would also make the compressor run louder.