1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Air Conditioning dead.

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Peter Fanelli, Mar 30, 2018.

1. Peter Fanelli

Peter Fanelli Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    My air conditioning has been dead since the day I had a inverter coolant pump failure. The ventilation system works as it should but it seems the compressor is not running. Is it possible that that part of the inverter is fried?

2. fotomoto

fotomoto Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    yes, possible. Firs thing I'd do is check fuses. No more codes/trouble lights? And you have successfully completed inverter repairs, correct? If not, the a/c compressor operation is automatically stopped since it is supplied by the HV side of the system which includes the inverter.

3. JC91006

JC91006 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Is your inverter pump fixed?

4. Peter Fanelli

Peter Fanelli Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Yes, replaced the inverter pump and AM2 fuse and it came back to life apart from the A/C compressor. Been driving it for about 6 months since then but now the weather is starting to warm up so I'd like to be ready for the heat. If I can't get the A/C working again I'll probably retire it as it has 440,000 miles on it. (work car)