1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Air Conditioning Issue

Discussion in 'Prius v Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by totita, Jul 3, 2017.

1. totita

totita Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    2012 Prius V with 144k miles in NJ. Just recharged the system with one can of refrigerant and the AC turns on and off every 5 seconds. The AC is turned to the lowest position and I see the recirculation light coming on and off along with a click from the engine compartment. I wonder is I overcharged it? Before this the AC was not blowing cold enough air. This was the reason for charging it. Any suggestions before I take it for repair?
    Thanks.

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    prius high voltage a/c compressor requires some special attention, are you familiar?

3. rdgrimes

rdgrimes Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    N/A
    Normally the compressor will start in its lowest speed then ramp up to max, depending on the temp inside the condenser. So it doesn't necessarily mean it won't ramp up to max just because you have it at a minimal setting.
    Sounds like you were fixing a problem that didn't exist, and there's an issue with the compressor or its controls.