1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

1. andy32901

andy32901 New Member

I have talked to my salesman at the dealers about a new Prius and am going to get put on the list (3 months). I have question on the cabin air filter. Where is it located, and how do I change it? If it is someting I can do why have the dealer do it.
    Everything I have read on this site has been very helpful.

Andy

2. mdmikemd

mdmikemd Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    If it's like the camry or sienna, it's behind the lower glove box...havn't checked yet.

3. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    It is behind the lower glove box, it is very easy to change yourself and you can save a bit of money by ordering the replacement filter online or by making your own filter by cutting up a cheap air filter from Wal-mart or Home-Depot and taping the edges. I believe there are instructions in your owners manual.

Also, John1701a.com's user guide has instructions and nice photos on page 27:
    http://john1701a.com/prius/documents/Prius_User-Guide.pdf

4. c4

c4 Active Member

Why tape the edges? I just cut the material to exact size and it fits into the frame very snugly..

5. tochatihu

tochatihu Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    If you're using filter media that might "unravel", then tape edges. Otherwise no, it would only decrease the surface area for air flow.