1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Air Intake Mods

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by mssmith95, Mar 17, 2006.

1. mssmith95

mssmith95 Michael

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    Wondering if anyone had tried the Velocity Turner or a similar product?

I remember a few years ago seeing tons of ads for them (infomercials), and I have seen them on Ebay and in some of the auto parts stores.

In case you have not heard of it before...it is basically a metal insert that goes into the air intake that supposedly swirls the air, increasing its speed into the O2 sensor and causing better combustion, reducing surplus fuel delivery. That is supposed to increase MPG and horsepower (They say 31% more MPG...yeah, right, I can't imagine it increasing me by 7.5MPG!).

Sounds too good to be true to me, but thought I would see if any of you have tried it.

2. V8Cobrakid

V8Cobrakid Green Handyman

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    the only way it really helps is if you are using a carborated engine. This has been discussed a long long time ago. kinda fun to see it again though. new opinions.

3. DocVijay

DocVijay Active Member

The "Tornado" has been tested by many people (magazines, TV shows, etc.) and all agree it's a piece of crap. The only way it gets more mileage out of your car is becuase your wallet is lighter and the car has less weight to move.

4. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Damn that thing never dies. Put a stake in its heart. Cut it out burn it. Cast it to the 4 winds. Put salt in the mouth of the body. Sew it shut, then burn the body cast it to the winds in a site across the earth.