1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Air Quality

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by HNDRICKS10, Mar 25, 2006.

1. HNDRICKS10

HNDRICKS10 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2002 Prius
    I have a 2005 Prius with 11,000 miles on it since August 2005.

My wife has noticed that she tends to Yawn alot when riding in this car.

If she opens a window for a while the urge to yawn goes away, I have also noticed the car seems stuffy sometimes.

I looked in the manual and saw nothing that mentions positive air ventilation. Could it be
    the Air conditioning filter is wrong, full, whatever ??????

We tend to heat this car to only 66 degrees, maybe thats it , but i'am just guessing. Also the
    recycle air is off , we only use fresh air setting.

Any ideas would be appreciated

Tom

2002 and 2005 Prius's

2. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    there was quite a bit written about some of the toxic fumes that were present in new cars with some of the new manufacturing techniques being used.

just as new carpet for your home has toxic fumes, your interior plastics and other materials will give off a fume as well. my Prius had visible film on the inside windshield, but i just aired it out real good for the first few weeks and that is all that is really necessary....supposedly. the fumes are very volatile and should dissipate quickly just as any volatile substance should.

3. tochatihu

tochatihu Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    It is very easy to change the cabin air filter, instructions in the owner's manual.

Any vehicle could have an exhaust gas leak, even though with Prius it would be less harmful than most other vehicles. Seems unlikely but it is easy to inspect the system when the car is on a "lift" at the shop.

My first impression was that "yawning in Prius" was a joke about it being a boring car. April First is next Saturday. Make your final preparations.

4. grasshopper

grasshopper Member

She’s bored with your driving. Kick it up to about 100, that will help. B)