1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Air Suspension?

Discussion in 'Gen 1 Prius Plug-in 2012-2015' started by Kit Shah, May 12, 2013.

1. Kit Shah

Kit Shah Kit Shah

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Has anybody installed an air suspension on their PiP (or a normal gen III)? I would like a more aggressive stance and possibly a smoother ride, but I'm not sure if it is worth the premium. Also, if I ever follow through, I plan on purchasing an air suspension from Air Runner Toyota Air Suspension - Air Runner Systems

P.S. Has anybody used the TEIN Street Basis / Street Flex / Street Advance coilovers for the Prius? I'd like to know if those are beneficial to the ride quality.

2. Tracksyde

Tracksyde Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    There's a group buy for an air suspension system in the Gen3 Mods and Accessories forum. Look for Hawaiianbuilt's Gen3.. he has an air suspension setup installed.

Here's his thread:

JDM / Japanese VIP Styling: My Prius III Build | PriusChat

A sample pic of his car:

[​IMG]

As far as Tein coilovers, there's at least one PiP owner who installed the Street Advance kit and when I asked him, he said at the softest setting, the ride was comparable to stock.

Kit Shah likes this.
  3. Kit Shah

Kit Shah Kit Shah

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Thanks for the info and showing me that thread :) Wow, that prius looks mean!