1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

airbag indicator stays on a couple secs

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by mjw, Nov 8, 2005.

1. mjw

mjw New Member

Last night I plugged in the wiring harness into the back of the radio ('05 pkg #4) in preparation for hooking up the ipod2car.

Today, I noticed that when I power up the car, the airbag indicator light stays on for about 1-2 seconds longer than all the other startup lights (but it does go off and stay off then). I don't recall noticing this before I took apart the dash, but it's also quite possible that I never paid that close attention. (I went in from the lower glovebox/passenger airvent side as described by a couple people previously here, and moved the big white wiring box aside a little bit to get my hand back there.)

Am I being paranoid, or does this 1-2 sec delay mean anything?

I'd appreciate if a couple of you could confirm whether you see the same behavior on your cars. I think I was pretty careful with the wiring that was there, but want to put my concerns to rest...

mike

2. tleonhar

tleonhar Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Yup, mine stays on longer too. Also noticed this in other cars with airbags as well as my previous car (98 Subaru), this was the first car I had with airbags. I think this is normal...

3. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    just to chime in- mine does it too.

4. pinball

pinball New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    So does mine
    Don't think it means anything's wrong - as long as it goes off !

5. mjw

mjw New Member

Thanks, all!

mike