1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Airbag light and MFD contrast questions

Discussion in 'Prius c Technical Discussion' started by hybridtwins, May 6, 2012.

1. hybridtwins

hybridtwins Member

Vehicle:
    2002 Prius
    All,

Yesterday we test-drive a C and overall were quite impressed, but there were a couple of things that struck us:

1. There was an amber 'Airbags On' light that looked like it should only be on momentarily when starting the car, yet it remained on for the duration of the test drive... and there was a passenger in the right front seat all the while.

2. We were a little disappointed in the lack of contrast in the MFD (we were driving a level IV). I understand via other threads that there's supposed to be a contrast setting, but when poking around the various setup screens, the only thing I could find anywhere close was settings for day versus night displays. Is there a specific setting for contrast and how is it accessed? We'd like to know the answer to this before we think seriously about purchasing.

2. SquallLHeart

SquallLHeart The Techie Guy

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    there's an airbag light indication for both on and off.. and one of them would always be on.. one or the other.

there's no contrast setting that I know of.. and honestly doesn't need one. there's a brightness adjustment though.

3. ufourya

ufourya We the People

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Thr high-tech solution to the annoying airbag light is an approriate length piece of electrician's tape (commercial grade, of course).

I have some vision problems and wish the info screen were a little larger or brighter during the day. At night I have to lower the brightness. These things were never considered as deal breakers, however. Maybe you can mount a magnifying glass in front of the screen. :)

4. Daze

Daze Prius C Owner

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    somebody in another thread suggested these round tinted stickers that darken the light. I think i am going to buy some of those and stick those on that light, its really annoying. Whats worse is when you turn your brights on and the indicator for the brights comes on, its just as bad as the airbag indicator if not worse.

5. ufourya

ufourya We the People

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    If you want to dim the lights, just put an appropriate sized piece of peel and cling window tint ( available at most Advance, O'reilly, Autozone, etc.)

1 person likes this.
  6. SquallLHeart

SquallLHeart The Techie Guy

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    round stickers?? yeah... looks like a waste of money... i'd rather stick with a piece of electrical tape and covering it up completely before looking at getting those overpriced things..