1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Airbag Light Off(Pass side)

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by Que1999, Mar 14, 2011.

1. Que1999

Que1999 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I've just dealt with a dealership that I probably should have known better, looking up some reviews online before bringing it in and let's just say they weren't great... Well, I brought it in because something was sticking out of the undercarriage of my car dragging along the street as I drove. I wasn't sure if it was a piece of the car, or something that got wedged up there. So they call me the next day and tell me it's a piece of an umbrella, they pulled it out and the car wasn't having any problems so all was good.. GREAT! However, during the free 25-point inspection they noticed the tires weren't wearing down evenly, so I needed an alignment on the car to correct this problem... After some coaxing I gave in. Ok, so fast-forward to a few hours later... I get another call that the umbrella pierced a wire or something that caused the ABS light to go on, but that it has been corrected and the car is ready for pick-up.. So now I pick up my Prius after paying a little over $300, and I notice my Passenger Airbag light(the annoying one that's always on), is now off! Right away I think that someone saw that light on, 'deduced' that this umbrella caused it... And 'fixed' it to be off.... Now I'm wondering if just the light is off, or if my passenger airbag is also turned off?? Any input guys, I'm really wondering if I got jipped here and if I should even bring it back to this place for them to correct this situation, or just go somewhere else.... Also, it is a 2010 Prius and I've got about 6700 miles on the car, and I also have the 24-month maintenance package, that I was told doesn't cover the alignment causing me to shell out over $300... Thanks in advance, what a day.... :mad:

2. jdimetal

jdimetal New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    An Alignment at my local Toyota dealer is $79