1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Airbag light

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Dman90, May 9, 2015.

1. Dman90

Dman90 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    Model:
    I
    I have a 2009 prius with the red airbag light on and a small yellow exclamation with a circle around it as well as no horn use. Is this a bad clock spring, dirty connections with sensor under seat, or neither?

2. Patrick Wong

Patrick Wong DIY Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    If you want to guess at the root cause, a failed clock spring is a reasonable guess since the horn also is not working. If you want to be more precise with your troubleshooting of the SRS system, use Mini VCI to read the DTC logged by the SRS ECU.

ydpplqbd likes this.
  3. andrewclaus

andrewclaus Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    First get the brakes checked--that's the circle with exclamation. There should be codes for that and for the SRS (airbags).

It's unlikely it's the clockspring. From what I've seen and heard, other functions go first if that's the case, like cruise control and vent controls. The clockspring has redundant air bag conductors, too.

I'm not sure why all these things would happen together, including the horn. Good luck.