1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Airbag Sticker sun visor warning removal

Discussion in 'Prius v Accessories and Modifications' started by Weirderal, May 14, 2022.

1. Weirderal

Weirderal Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Hello all,

I wanted to remove the airbag warning sticker for aesthetic reasons, and I tried the iron method and the hairdryer method unsuccessfully, and in the process made a nice hole, so I'm going to replace the thing.

Thought it would go better because I'd been able to remove the one on my old van's visors by hand with only a little difficulty, but here we are.

Looks like the plastic underneath is white. When the replacement arrives, I'm going to cut this open to see what it looks like with no fabric, just for the hell of it.

Really surprised it's so difficult, because the "sticker" definitely feels like a different material, but I can't even tell if it's *separate* from the fabric.

Just thought I would present my self-imposed pain as a warning to anyone else considering removing it. (Unless you personally discovered a method that works that you'd be willing to share...)

Airbag Sticker.jpg