1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Akio Toyoda- Toyota's Plan to Repair it's Public Image-Wash Post

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by efusco, Feb 9, 2010.

1. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    washingtonpost.com

Nice and sincere sounding piece.

2. apriusfan

apriusfan New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Hopefully they will check into and fix all brake system issues. There are a number of threads that discuss brake system drop-out on the 2nd generation Prius. And the threads were not started in 2010 when it became popular to talk about Prius brake systems.

3. a_gray_prius

a_gray_prius Rare Non-Old-Blowhard Priuschat Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    My optimistic side says: Hopefully this will cause a shift in dealer service department treatment of customers (which is typically dismissive of most any issue, in my experience). I really hope this is the case.

My pessimistic side says: They'll say anything to keep people from finding out how poorly they'll be treated when they have an issue and complain (to the deaf ears of service managers/writers too busy taking money from the numerous customers who have already bought a Toyota).

4. RoyThePriusGuy

RoyThePriusGuy New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    At the very end, did he fall onto his sword????

5. a_gray_prius

a_gray_prius Rare Non-Old-Blowhard Priuschat Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    To be fair, the guy did just recently take the reins of the company from Katsuaki Watanabe, known to be a cost-cutter at Toyota. If anyone should have blame for allowing what may be engineering defects to pass the QA process placed at his feet, it is not Mr. Toyoda. Whether it was handled with sufficient speed and proper intent when the issues surfaced is another matter.

ref: Online Extra: Talking with Toyota's Top Man

6. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
  7. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    Prime Plus

I held off on making a formal report about the "Check Engine Light" not coming on after the last of the gasoline is burned. I shared it with our community so anyone else reading about it would not be surprised. But the response that "it works as designed," well that could have been used for the brake pause too. But once the new programs have been established, "Check Engine Light" behavior will make a dandy test case. Like my drill instructor used to say, "Don't get mad, get even."

Bob Wilson