1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Al Gore As President

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by mojo, Nov 22, 2006.

1. mojo

mojo Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    I just saw "An Inconvenient Truth" and am astounded by the concern,dedication and wisdom of this man.If the public had had this insight into Gore, prior to the 2000 election,Im certain he would now be president.
    Imagine the US conforming to the Kyoto agreement 6 years ago.
    The auto industry with a CAFE requirement matching the rest of the industrialized world.
    Imagine having targeted and eliminated Bin Laden and Al Queda ,instead of throwing away hundreds of thousands of lives and a Trillion dollars initiating an unrelated fiasco in Iraq.
    The irony of the 2000 elections is that Gore would have easily won Florida and the Presidency if it hadnt been for the environmental Green Party.It came down to less than 500 votes and the Greens took 2-3 %.
    The dumbest remark ever uttered by any politician in history was made by Ralph Nader, who proclaimed that there was no difference between Bush and Gore.
    Although I admire Gore, I dont quite agree with his philosophy of not blasting the Republicans as anti-environment.He's being very diplomatic and I hope that voters will realize who the true villains are.

2. Stev0

Stev0 Honorary Hong Kong Cavalier

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Actually, if you look at Gore's voting record, he had a HORRIBLE environmental record until he made a 180 degree turnaround in the mid-to-late 90s. In the years since then, I admit nobody has been better than him, I admit, but back in 2000 it seemed like a cynical marketing ploy.

Also, if you want to know why Gore really lost the election (other than his own inept campaign), google the term "Katherine Harris".

3. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mojo @ Nov 22 2006, 04:23 PM) [snapback]353217[/snapback]</div>
    Rumor has it that he could have taken out OBL several times. Ask Mr. Clinton why they didn't - please.
    Also as algore:

Why they did not retaliate after WTC in 1993?
    Why they did not retaliate after the embassy bombings?
    Why they did not relaliate after the USS Cole attack?
    Why the fled Somalia?
    Why they did not interdict in Rowanda?
    Why it took so long to act in Kosavo - and why they put limits on our forces their?
    Why he could not win his own HOME STATE - JEEEZ does that tell you something?????

The fact he lost to Bush should require his removal from the political scene in perpituity!
    Why does he still come BOUNCING back? He is worse than bad pizza - he never stops repeating on you.
    Maybe Gore and Kerry should make the next ticket to run for office - lets see - maybe between the two of them we can find one original idea? one A in any subject? One guy who actually worked for a living and did not live off someone else? A modicum of common sense?

4. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    We could do worse.

Oh...wait a minute....we already did!

5. McShemp

McShemp New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mojo @ Nov 22 2006, 03:23 PM) [snapback]353217[/snapback]</div>
    Yep, ironic that environmentalists killed Gore's chance in FL. Plus he didn't carry his home state (how sad is that?).

6. TheForce

TheForce Stop War! Lets Rave! Make Love!

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
  7. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Personally, I'm glad AlGore didn't get elected in 2000.

If he had been elected, there wouldn't be peace in the Middle East like there is now without U.S. intervention. OBL wouldn't have been found and brought to trials for his terror organization like he was last year (thank God Bush flushed him out in Afghanistan). Shoot, if he had been elected, we would probably still be importing millions of gallons of oil from Venezuela and Hugo Chavez would think of him as El Diablo. I bet there would still be children left behind and our parents and grandparents wouldn't have the cheap and easy-to-understand prescription drug and comprehensive health care that they have now.

Oh yeah. . .

8. Stev0

Stev0 Honorary Hong Kong Cavalier

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TonyPSchaefer @ Nov 22 2006, 10:25 PM) [snapback]353352[/snapback]</div>
    Also don't forget if Gore was elected, being the tax 'n' spend liberal he is, we wouldn't have the huge surplus we do now - hell, we might have even had a huge national debt!

Also, he probably would have just put his buddies in key positions, instead of having the experienced, capable people we have now, such as Mike Brown.

9. Alnilam

Alnilam The One in the Middle

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stev0 @ Nov 22 2006, 08:55 PM) [snapback]353384[/snapback]</div>
    Also don't forget, Al Gore WAS elected. Only Republican shenanigans kept him from the Oval Office.

But I digress...

Al Gore vs. the variable John McCain? How say you?

10. geologyrox

geologyrox New Member

While Gore v McCain would never have been a tough call for me, I don't think I've got it in me to vote for McCain no matter who runs against him. He had the support of this registered democrat right up until he started kissing the asses of the "agents of intolerance" he used to pretend to stand up against.

11. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    im sorry but bush's "toss the poor dog a bone" tax relief didnt help us. it gave us more money that was funneled back to big business but most of that money we funneled back wasnt our money, it was BORROWED money. now our debt is much much higher with only personal debt to match.

now dont get me wrong. gore is not a saint either. he is directly responsible for the agreement that removed CAFE standards that had been hard-fought and won thru the congress. we most likely will never see another opportunity to get that kind of strict legislation passed again.

google "supercar fund" or "Partnership for a New Generation of Vehicles" and read about one of the greatest blunders in government history.

read how gore traded development of hybrid vehicles for the removal of CAFE standards that would have forced the big 3 to now have cars that get nearly as much mileage as the Prius today.

read how the big 3 developed 5 passenger diesel-electric hybrids that got 68 mpg and UP!!

read how they then shelved the project forever stating (correctly i might add) that the agreement was to "develop the technology" not implement it.

AND also read about the fact that the government (that is us btw) paid for most of the development costs

so should gore be an environmental troubadour???
    as much as he screwed up our environmental future, i say that is the very very least he can do.

http://www.commondreams.org/pressreleases/Sept98/092498c.htm

http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/pngv.shtml

12. PA

PA Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius
    Model:
    LE
    Gore was elected president in 2000 and look at the mess we've been in ever since. I'm voting for someone else! :(