1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Al Gore's "Global Enriching" Inconvenient Truth, or how to tell

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Wildkow, Sep 3, 2007.

1. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    This is soooo typical here's Dr. Global Warming out hocking his "Snakeoil" cure for "AGW" standing on his soapbox screeching out dire predictions of doom and gloom. His cure for these dire consequences?!?!? :huh: :eek: :blink: ends like this . . .

<div align="center">"SHOW ME DA MONEY"</div>

Oh how the Lib's love to horrified us and then soothe us with our own money! <_<

I just laugh when some on this site claim there is no liberal/left bias on the part of the Main Stream Media (MSM) if not then why haven’t they reported on this hypocrisy? :angry:

http://www.riehlworldview.com/carnivorous_...res_inconv.html

http://www.alternet.org/environment/49025

http://politicalhumor.about.com/od/environ...obalwarming.htm

Wildkow

p.s. My solution for "AGW"? Well its simple, cheap and practically foolproof, take Hillary for a walk once a day, that'll put a chill on "AGW"! :lol: Goooooo Chillary! Win the 08 primaries! :lol: :rolleyes: :p

2. MegansPrius

MegansPrius GoogleMeister, AKA bongokitty

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Exxon mobil: 2006, largest annual profit EVER by a U.S. company. $39.5 billion
    Exxon mobil: 2005, previous record annual profit, $36.13 billion

Dat's da money.

3. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I realize this is a hard pill to swallow but come on that's it? That's the best you all can do? Quoting Exxon profits in an effort to divert or distract attention from this issue? LOL! [attachmentid=11102]

Hey since we're talking about oil companies how bout this!?!?!?

Occidental's Oil Project Ignites More Violence Against Peaceful Tribe . . .

Despite repeated requests from environmental and human rights organizations, Gore has refused to divest his family from Occidental or to support the rights of the U'wa before his family's profits. "Mr. Gore cannot pretend to be any better than Bush when his hands have the blood of the U'wa on them, " said Shannon Wright, of the Rainforest Action Network.

"So much for this environmental Vice-President - he would prefer to profit from an oil project in Colombia than to use his influence to protect the human rights and forest home of the U'wa."

Indians threaten mass suicide to safeguard oil-rich lands. . .

Cobaria's message is that if Occidential goes ahead with plans to drill for oil in the U'wa ancestral lands, the 5,000 members will jump off a cliff to death. The oil company is trying to link the protest with guerrilla activity in the area. The ultimatum and the oil exploration are on hold for now.

Isn’t this Gore’s company? Atta Boy Al! Too bad your concern for the earth doesn’t extend to its inhabitants! <_< :(

Wildkow

Attached Files:

4. Alric

Alric New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    This is ridiculous. What does the financial situation of one person has to do with the scientific consensus that is climate change.

If Gore is even richer because of his efforts to stem climate change, all the power to him. All other countries will do the same when they develop green technologies for profit and we miss the train thanks to ignorance.

5. Stev0

Stev0 Honorary Hong Kong Cavalier

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Unlike Neocons, who can't fathom the idea of George W. ever making even the tiniest of errors, we don't claim our folks to be Major Deities. This is old news to liberals (which is why real liberals didn't vote for Gore in 2000).

6. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I don't care if Al Gore gets rich promoting energy conservation and responsibility any more than I'm pissed off that Bill Gates got rich giving the world computers.

7. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Can't dispute global warming? Attack Al Gore. He's an easy target because he's a politician. But no matter how much you say against Al Gore, and even if most of it is true, that doesn't change the fact: burning fossil fuel like there's no tomorrow is throwing the earth's climate out of kilter.

(Neo-cons, of course, believe that there is indeed no tomorrow. Their party line is:

"I believe my savior is coming in all haste,
    And anything we haven't used will then have gone to waste..."

-- from a song I heard once; I don't know the author)

Dig it up, burn it, waste it, squander it. That's the cry of corporate America and their political stooges.

8. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Alric @ Sep 3 2007, 06:40 PM) [snapback]506554[/snapback]</div>
    Finally! OK granted the financial situation has little to do with scientific consensus but that wasn't my point it is yours. If you want the message of AGW to go forth don't you think it important that the spokesman be believable enough that people will listen and follow through? I would hope that by now everyone can see through this sham of selling "Carbon Credits" as little different than purchasing Indulgencies for your sins. I could be wrong but so far I haven't read much about how selling "Carbon Credits" has help stem or will help stem GW, please enlighten me! Therefore I have to ask how does AG's selling of Carbon Credits benefits the development of green technologies? Please no assumptions, or speculations just the facts as they are now and you are able to support.

Wildkow

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TonyPSchaefer @ Sep 3 2007, 09:08 PM) [snapback]506612[/snapback]</div>
    I could care less myself why do you think that is the reason I posted this? Will you purchase some of AG's "Carbon Credits" if so how will that help and if not why not? Do you find that someone who is promoting a speculative detrimental effect/cause creditable if he is also part owner of a scheme that dubiously claims to have a cure or some other means of partially or fully ameriolating that effect/cause? Although he hasn’t denied it AG hasn’t been all that forthcoming in his acknowledgment of GIM the company that sells the “Carbon Credits†or the fact that his purchase of CC’s is from his own company.

Wildkow

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(daniel @ Sep 3 2007, 09:28 PM) [snapback]506620[/snapback]</div>
    Oh daniel come on you know as well as I do that there are scientist that dispute AGW. If you still want to argue the point please answer how it is that C02 lags behind the rise in temp? So how does spending enormous amounts of money studying AGW benefit or help develop cleaner forms of energy? Would not that money be better spent directly studying and researching alternate fuels, energy sources and other fields of scientific endeavor?

Wildkow

9. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    oops :rolleyes:

Wildkow

10. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Wildkow @ Sep 3 2007, 10:50 PM) [snapback]506648[/snapback]</div>
    I agree with you about the carbon credits. However, if people pay to have renewable energy capacity installed, that is a horse of a different color. Let's say an electric utility announces that if people will pay an extra 15 cents per kwh it will install enough wind generators to supply that many kwhs from wind power, then the buyer of electricity is indeed offsetting his/her energy usage with renewables.

The only scientists presently denying that we are contributing to global warming are the ones in the pay of companies with a vested financial interest in obstructing the switch away from fossil fuels.

11. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(daniel @ Sep 4 2007, 06:45 PM) [snapback]507047[/snapback]</div>
    I'm all for that but that is soooo different than paying for "Carbon Credits" its not funny.

Please a cite for your last statment, or some kind of evidence and not just a couple of names.

Wildkow

12. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A

13. EricGo

EricGo New Member

Nice try f8l, but trolls do not read realclimate.org.

14. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Is the climate changing?

Look up Yellowknife, Canada. There was a report on NPR today about how the climate is changing there and how it is effecting the local business: Diamond mining.

15. F8L

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(EricGo @ Sep 5 2007, 03:44 PM) [snapback]507548[/snapback]</div>
    That is why i posted the journal as well but th likelyhood of anyone reading it are slim. lol

16. hyo silver

hyo silver Awaaaaay

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Climate seems to be changing faster in the North than elsewhere, and faster than predicted. Of course, this is seen as an opportunity by some for new shipping routes which will...uh...save fuel, of course. :)
    In case you're wondering, Yellowknife got its name from uranium in the area. Locals were paid pennies to cart bags of it over their shoulders.

17. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I don't think that Climate Change is the argument here folks it's human caused Global Warming that is the rub but nice try though. :D

Wilkdow

18. F8L

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Wildkow @ Sep 5 2007, 06:18 PM) [snapback]507671[/snapback]</div>

Are you going to respond to my link or ignore it like usual? :)

19. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(F8L @ Sep 5 2007, 10:15 PM) [snapback]507797[/snapback]</div>
    I'm checking it now what's your synopsis?

Wildkow

20. F8L

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Wildkow @ Sep 6 2007, 12:01 AM) [snapback]507820[/snapback]</div>
    As stated in the paper was well as others I've read. That CO2 works as an amplifier? IE during a warming trend a rise in CO2 can futher amplify the effect. So coming out of an ice age 12k years ago we have been on a slow warming trend. Add a lot more co2 to the atmosphere and the warming effect is enhanced. Kinda of like a positive feedback loop. Ack, it's 8:25. Gotta run to Biology class. lol. Have a great day Kow. :)