1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Al Qaeda and Terror in Canada

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by dbermanmd, Jun 5, 2006.

1. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Just wondering here - how do Canadians feel today....

Canada is NOT participating with the United States in Iraq,
    Canada can not be doing anything more than it is to make Al Qaeda happy, and

Apparently several dozen Canadian Muslims including a bunch under the age of 18 had THREE TONS of ammonium nitrate or 300% more than the Oklahoma City bombers had and were going to use it (i guess trying to catch up to the number of Canadians dying from tobacco to relate to a previous thread). I wonder how many Canadians would have perished, and

Does that change anyone's opinion about -
    1. the War on Terror
    2. Canada's role in the War on Terror
    3. the need for services provided by FBI/CIA/NSA organizations
    4. the need for a stronger national defense or deterence when they do get hit

or does Canada just go away and give up and let their innocent citizens die or do they play the blame game which would be tough to do because who could they blame - they could not be any more "friendly" to al qaeda than they are now - they definately pose NO threat to al qaeda today or even tomorrow - and how did they vote in the UN??

Cant wait to here from you guys, especially you Canadians on how you are thinking today.

2. burritos

burritos Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Makes me wonder if we're not concentrating on the wrong border. Oh that's right, we americans hate Mexicans while canadians have the same skin color.

3. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    The complete lack of response here only reinforces the popular notion that liberals/democrats when faced with a decision regarding defense/terror/security - always opt to surrender - the Chamberlain Option - just give in.

Thankfully, everyone at this point knows that that is the natural reaction of the left and this is why that no matter who runs on the national democratic ticket in 2008, unless they are a "Lieberman-like" democrat, has no chance at all.

Defense rests.

4. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(burritos @ Jun 5 2006, 10:32 AM) [snapback]265947[/snapback]</div>
    I think their intention was blow up parts of Canada and not bring the bombs across the border. How many Canadians would have minded if parts of Quebec were blown up.

And I think Americans are equal opportunity haters - remember the mexicans do work we dont want to and the canadians dont do that either - so lets keep our eyes on the ball here. And if we hated mexicans that much why do we have more of them here than canadians?? In fact rumor has it we are still searching for a left fullback for the world cup and I totally doubt we can find a canadian to fill that slot while the mexicans probably have a better selection for us - last world cup we had to use a frenchy who married an american and we all saw what happened with that scenario. now if we are looking for a few good bomb makers - we would probably look north to canada - seems to me they are making some good ones there, of all ages.

5. hyo silver

hyo silver Awaaaaay

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Call off the dogs, Doberman. You're barking up the wrong tree.

There are Canadian troops in Iraq and in Afghanistan. Canada is on the Al Qaeda hit list because of it. Their terrorists here were caught before the bomb went off, so somebody's intelligence network seems to be working.

PS If you're going to be the judge, jury, and executioner, you should get it straight which side is the plaintiff and which is the defense.

6. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hyo silver @ Jun 5 2006, 12:30 PM) [snapback]266004[/snapback]</div>
    No Canadian troops in Iraq - woof woof. Canada strictly anti-US there.

And what about the other stuff in my post or are you going to ignore that because is reveals the shallowness of the leftward liberals arguments?

There are troops in Afghanistan - but according to the Left, that was the good war, the right war - probably because it was sooo successful.

7. hyo silver

hyo silver Awaaaaay

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Jun 5 2006, 11:36 AM) [snapback]266009[/snapback]</div>
    That's the "official" position of both the Canadian and the American governments. But they're there, embedded with British and US forces.

8. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hyo silver @ Jun 5 2006, 01:12 PM) [snapback]266027[/snapback]</div>
    Don't think so. I do not think you can name one Canadian killed in action in Iraq while you can name several killed in Afghanistan including Canada's first female KIA three weeks ago.

9. larkinmj

larkinmj New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Jun 5 2006, 02:50 PM) [snapback]266109[/snapback]</div>
    Do your homework:
    Two Canadians killed in Iraqi conflict

10. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(larkinmj @ Jun 5 2006, 03:31 PM) [snapback]266127[/snapback]</div>
    Red Cross workers?? Hardly military. Name one battle in Iraq fought by Canadian forces?? Fallujah? Basra?? Bagdad?? What Canadian units were with us when we invaded Iraq - land or air or naval?

Please name one Canadian military unit in Iraq?

I would appreciate just reference to one peaceful civilian Iraqi project undertaken by Canada.
    How did Canada vote in the UN re: Iraq Sanctions?

Please, al qaeda looks upon Canada as a non-entitiy in the Iraq war and the War on Terror - what is Canada doing internationally in the War on Terror outside of Afghanistan?

11. larkinmj

larkinmj New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Jun 5 2006, 03:44 PM) [snapback]266136[/snapback]</div>
    Well, if you actually read the article that I linked to (not that dbermanmd would ever listen to what anyone else has to say), one of the Canadians killed was a marine reservist fighting in a U.S. marine unit.

Having been to a number of meetings on wetlands restoration, I know of at least one:
    http://www.cimiwetlands.net/

I just don't understand why you expend so much effort Canada-bashing on this forum. Were you beaten up by a bigger Canadian kid when you were little?

12. Mystery Squid

Mystery Squid Junior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hyo silver @ Jun 5 2006, 01:12 PM) [snapback]266027[/snapback]</div>
    :lol:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(larkinmj @ Jun 5 2006, 03:31 PM) [snapback]266127[/snapback]</div>

Could the left be THIS _______ ?

Yeah, ok, and he's wearing a U.S. Marine Corp. uniform with a U.S. flag in the background... :lol: :lol: :lol:

...guess he's too embarassed to wear a Canadian uniform and pose in front of a Canadian flag???

13. jared2

jared2 New Member

Just a note about how wonderful the "ignore" feature is.

You know the nut cases are jabbering on about something, but you don't know what - and it feels great! Sort of like when an obnoxious commercial comes on with people screaming at you and you hit the mute button.
    I strongly recommend "ignore"

14. Mystery Squid

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Jun 5 2006, 10:03 AM) [snapback]265933[/snapback]</div>
    Oh, POSE that question on this forum and see what you'll get... When I posed a similar question, basically who voted against the Iraqi conflict, fully well knowing the answer, you should have seen the SPIN on the answers, classic!!

15. larkinmj

larkinmj New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jared2 @ Jun 5 2006, 04:22 PM) [snapback]266174[/snapback]</div>
    Agree- I've got one on ignore now; about to add a few more. :)

16. Mystery Squid

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jared2 @ Jun 5 2006, 04:22 PM) [snapback]266174[/snapback]</div>
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(larkinmj @ Jun 5 2006, 04:25 PM) [snapback]266179[/snapback]</div>

Classic irrational liberals:

1. First to personally insult when they don't like something they hear,

2. Put their hands over their ears and cover their eyes for precisely the same reason.

Now imagine this sort of mentality projected onto matters of national security....

Yeah, here's that *Canadian* solider:

[​IMG]

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

UNREAL!

Thanks guys, I've been cracking up big time on this one...

17. larkinmj

larkinmj New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mystery Squid @ Jun 5 2006, 04:33 PM) [snapback]266180[/snapback]</div>
    I can't believe that I clicked on the button that allows you to read a post from someone you're ignoring- and what do I find but this.
    What's your point Squid- you don't think they have any black people in Canada? Well, they do. You really are an ignorant nice person.

18. Mirza

Mirza New Member

larkinmj,

I do not mean to demean your post in anyway. I think there is a lot of reacting going in the thread. The picture shows a US flag in the background, and what looks like a US Navy insignia? If you take away the reaction/anger from Squid's post... you can see that he was pointing that out (not the guy's skin color). However, from my reading of the article this guy is a Canadian serving in the US military.

19. Mystery Squid

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(larkinmj @ Jun 5 2006, 05:57 PM) [snapback]266244[/snapback]</div>
    Who the hell said anything about race? That's YOUR interjection.... You knew damn well dbermanmd was speaking of Canadian military....

[​IMG]

20. Mirza

Mirza New Member

dberman,

Don't take this personally... I am speaking about your arguments. A lot of them are bunk... but in this post I will focus on your initial post with this following article:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060605/ap_on_...rrorism_arrests

" The charges against five minors were not made public."

Just because you don't see something does not mean that nothing is happening (in regards to you stating that Canada is doing nothing).