1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

al-Zarqawi Terminated!

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Wildkow, Jun 8, 2006.

1. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Another thing to feel a bit smug about today; Our boys and grlz in blue! They should give the 25 million dollar reward to the pilot that dropped the bomb on Zaq's sorry behind.

Wildkow

http://today.reuters.com/News/CrisesArticl...storyId=B196295

2. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Good news (much needed by Bush to say the least) for the troops and for the Iraqi 'liberation' process indeed.

I don't expect any immediate changes or decrease in violence, but it will be interesting to see how well he planned for this contingency and whether there's a complex system set up for leadership or if this will divide the al quaida factions within Iraq. The next 6 months will be telling indeed.

3. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(efusco @ Jun 8 2006, 05:35 AM) [snapback]267791[/snapback]</div>
    Probably a bump-up for awhile but it should take some wind out of their sails eventually. Credit goes to the Iraqi media/news people at the PM's news conference that cheered when he delivered the news. I have a feeling that some of ours were probably dismayed that a news source for selling copy is now gone. <_<

Wildkow

4. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Wildkow @ Jun 8 2006, 08:21 AM) [snapback]267788[/snapback]</div>
    Fantastic news except I wished he had died more like the way he killed Daniel Pearl - I think it was too easy for him since he never knew what hit him - just a flash of light - and done. That being said this is huge for the good guys - like when Che died - there is no replacing his names value and in all probability his ability to plan and communicate.

1. Bad guys have to be carefull in establishing redundancy in all aspects of their operating systems including lines of communication for fear of having too many people privvy to vital info increases the probability of being penetrated by the good guys and neutral parties looking to move up. We may have penetrated deeply into their infrastructure and feel comfortable enough at this point to eliminate this guy - this is the best case scenario.

2. The fact that someone dropped a dime on his butt is SIGNIFICANT - means An Albar region is being won over by the good guys. They are obviously comfortable on informing the good guys on the #1 bad guy and have NO FEAR doing so - this point can not be undervalued - HUGE.

3. The fact that we captured one of the guys in the house, in addition to killing 7 others, and probably some additional info is also sending shockwaves through the bad guy's nervous system as you read this.

4. How do the bad guys re-place this guy - just the logistics of it - - - they will have to expose additional assets in order to do so, if they can even do it at all.

5. This allows the new Iraqi government and their new Defense Minister breathing room and a significant change in momentum in a good way.

Sidebar: I do not believe we want OBL - at least up to this point. Like a boxing match you never go to the head without softening up the body. Most of our efforts have been to destroy the middle level operators of the bad guys and I include Zarqawi in this group. If we get OBL too early there are still enough guys around to assume leadership positions and in doing so we would see a wave of terror that could possibly be huge as each tries to establish dominance. By taking away those that could assume power when we get OBL, his elimination becomes all that more significant. Their ability to replace higher level operators has been severely diminished for the past several years. Each loss of a guy in the middle to upper level of their organization is HUGE. That being said, I believe the time is near when we will focus more assets on OBL - and I bet as of today he is in the deepest darkest hole possible.

5. monkeypox

monkeypox New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Jun 8 2006, 09:36 AM) [snapback]267833[/snapback]</div>
    Was just a matter of time,,, one by one they all of them bastards will get the same fate :D
    Monks

6. Mystery Squid

Mystery Squid Junior Member

But wait! Did they have proof? Why didn't he get a fair trial at the Hague?!!!! We just went out and KILLED him, the US is such a TERRORIST!!!

:rolleyes:

f him, let's not stop there either...

7. malorn

malorn Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mystery Squid @ Jun 8 2006, 08:55 AM) [snapback]267848[/snapback]</div>

The media will find a woman or child killed in the attack and dwell on that by noon today.

8. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
  9. DocVijay

DocVijay Active Member

I usually don't feel happy when I hear of a death, but... for this I'm happy!

:D

Go troops, keep it up!

10. malorn

malorn Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Wildkow @ Jun 8 2006, 09:11 AM) [snapback]267868[/snapback]</div>
    If world war II was fought under the present media conditions would the US(allies) have prevailed? Hitler, Hirohito and co would have been masters at showing dead civillians on the evening news.

11. Mystery Squid

12. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mystery Squid @ Jun 8 2006, 07:16 AM) [snapback]267875[/snapback]</div>
    BaHaHaHaHaHa sweet! How much was he worth?

Wildkow

p.s. See now the Bush Admin is saving us money everytime we drive to work.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mystery Squid @ Jun 8 2006, 07:16 AM) [snapback]267875[/snapback]</div>
    More good news the Iraqi's have formed a Government with the naming of the Interior and Defense Minister. So bomb a terrorist and get a new democratic government and lower gas prices. Such Sweetness I need an insulin shot!

Wildkow

p.s. Go Troops! and God Bless!

13. Mystery Squid

Gee, the left contingency is pretty quiet...

14. efusco

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mystery Squid @ Jun 8 2006, 09:32 AM) [snapback]267888[/snapback]</div>
    The "Left Contingency" made the very first reply to the post. The "Right Contingency" are stroking yourselves thanks to the first good news in weeks...we're just giving you your privacy during this self-pleasuring period....you'll be done soon.. :lol: ;)

I'll repeat what I said in the first post. This is good news. Our troops have been doing good things, this is one of them. It does not mean that the original decision, 3+ years ago, to go into Iraq was just. But this is certainly a good step toward cleaning up the mess that we are, at least in part, responsible for.

The Pres deserves a bump in the polls...whether that lasts or not depends on a lot of things. Whether this event ends up being similar to catching Sadaam or not we'll have to wait and see. It may be of minor significance in the big picture or it may be a major rib busting body shot to the entire Al Quaida movement in Iraq. There's simply no way to know what kind of contingencies OBL, Al Zarkawai, et al have put into place.

This liberal tree hugger is happy to accept the collateral damage and civilian loss of life. Those people, without a doubt, knew or suspected what was going on in their neighborhood. I'm sad if innocents died, but the overall picture is what matters. As long as the primary goal was achieved I'm happy to accept collateral damage to the extent that it is necessary to achieve that goal.

15. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(efusco @ Jun 8 2006, 10:53 AM) [snapback]267904[/snapback]</div>
    The seven others killed - two were women who served as intelelgence gatherers, five men - all senoir members of his group. One captured.

I would advise all to remember that the bad guys are looking to make or create another Mi Lai (spelling) knowing that their only way to win is via the American Press and a loss of public support in the US. Witness several attempts at creating such events that were dismissed and odds favor something similar in Haditha. These guys need to create some raw meat for our Anti-American Anti-Military press to grab onto -- like Abu Graib, which was bad but did not involve more than a few bad apples who were TRIED AND PUNISHED. Interesting how "INNOCENT CIVILIANS" are being mentioned here ALREADY with Zarqawi's elimination (too painless IMHO)in the press and by the left -- how many INNOCENT people would be hanging with ZARQAWI anyhow?? Everyone knew him, knew the price tag on his head, knew he was a PRIME target - so my thoughts are anyone and everyone within a 500lb BOMBS BLAST RADIUS were not innocent.

I am sick and tired of people blaming American forces for innocent civilian life loss when we mourn each and every innocent killed and do our best even at the risk of exposing our men to increased dangers to prevent such - while the bad guys celebrate at each suicide car bomb that kills innocents or mosque they destroy - its crazy thinking we are the bad guys here -- knowing that the real bad guys thrive on innocents losing their lives and making the front page of the NY Times and WA Post.

16. Mystery Squid

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(efusco @ Jun 8 2006, 10:53 AM) [snapback]267904[/snapback]</div>
    I don't consider you part of the leftist contingency.

Close, but not quite...

:lol:

17. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    finally, something to boost morale out there!

18. efusco

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mystery Squid @ Jun 8 2006, 10:13 AM) [snapback]267921[/snapback]</div>
    CRAP! When did my membership expire, I thought I had it on automatic withdrawl. Argh...this always happens while I'm out hugging trees...at gay weddings...while smoking weed...and bashing Fox News. And the application process to renew is such a bugger.

19. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(efusco @ Jun 8 2006, 11:35 AM) [snapback]267936[/snapback]</div>
    :lol:

Dont forget burning Ann Coulter's books!

20. tripp

tripp Which it's a 'ybrid, ain't it?

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    It'll be interesting to see what comes of this. As for torturing him before killing him... screw it. He's influence over events is now fading and will be gone soon. If that translates into more stability and less suffering that's the only thing that matters. I'm glad to hear about this. If we're one step closer to our goal in Iraq (stability/democracy), then considering the cost, I'd say it was well worth it.

As for the media.... They've long since ceased to be a provider of relevant information. "News" is designed to make a profit, not be thoughtful/useful information. (actually, it was probably never the case but now with the Hollywood polish it's just more obvious).