1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Alarm Constantly Going Off

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by PriusPrime, Jul 24, 2016.

1. PriusPrime

PriusPrime Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    Another dreaded alarm thread. My 07' 142k with new 12v battery keeps setting off the alarm. All the doors were opened and shut, trunk and hood than locked but to no avail. Alarm keeps going off unless the key fob is inserted in dash.

Otherwise, I've done research without anyone posting their solution to their problems. Mine seems a bit different though because no one had to keep their fob inserted for the alarm to stop. Any clues?

2. fuzzy1

fuzzy1 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I don't recall them coming with factory alarms, so you may need to specify what kind of alarm you have.

3. dolj

dolj Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Is that a USA thing?

All Gen II Prius onward come with factory fitted immobilisers and alarms in NZ, Aus and UK.

4. fuzzy1

fuzzy1 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    That could be a USA & North America thing. Our models did come with immobilizers, but not the alarms. Though some dealers and regional monopolies (e.g. Southeast or Gulf States) may have added them.