1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Alarm issues

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by JZP, Aug 1, 2013.

1. JZP

JZP New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Hi- I own a 2004 Prius II. It has 140,000 miles on . I've changed the 12 volt battery last year and that has been the worst of isuues. However, my alarm has been going off after I get out of my car after driving it and it won't stop
    untill I put the key FOB back in the slot and start the the car up. I have to leave the key FOB in the slot all night to stop it from going off all night long. I changed key FOBs and thought I had fixed the issue but after a long drive I came home got out of car and its started again. I have the other posts on this subject and tried all of the fixes except disconnecting the alarm Will try and take it to a dealership but not confident they can fix it. Help

2. Paradox

Paradox Prius Enthusiast / Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Moved to the Gen II forums from the Prius v forums.

3. KV55

KV55 Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Excel
    Hello JZP
    This may not help your case but it may help others if they have alarms that start to go off after yeasr of good behaviour. I have found that my Gen 2 Prius car alarm goes off if I leave my Nexus tablet inside the cabin, all is fine if I move it to the boot (trunk).
    Mark

4. Patrick Wong

Patrick Wong DIY Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Is this an aftermarket alarm system? If yes, then disconnect it. That is better than leaving the fob in the car.