1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Alarm randomly going off

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by PurplePenguin, Mar 24, 2018.

1. PurplePenguin

PurplePenguin New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    So I just (yesterday) bought a used 2010 Prius and everything has been great so far. Today though, I was standing in my house and suddenly the alarm system went off! I grabbed the fob and hit unlock and it stopped. Looked up and down the street to see if anyone was running away or anything and nothing! Not even an acorn to have dropped on it... Was talking to my neighbor across the street who also didn't see anything, when it did it again. My neighbor thinks maybe the pair of gloves that had been sitting on it for at least an hour might have been the problem. I took them off about 15 minutes ago and so far so good. Is this maybe a sensitivity issue and I shouldn't let anything sit on the car? Is this a common problem? Figured this was the best place to go for help/advice/ideas :)

2. tankyuong

tankyuong Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    II
    stick panic button

3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    congrats and welcome!
    no, but i would check the 12v health.

4. Khan44

Khan44 New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    ----UK----
    My alarm randomly goes off in a 2011 prius when i lock it can’t seem to find what the problem is I checked all doors boot and hood is closed properly but still goes off