1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Album Art

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Hank101, Mar 8, 2012.

1. Hank101

Hank101 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Is there any way to get the usb to show the current songs "album art" in the display window on the Gen III model II stereo?

There appears to be a dedicated window for this, like with any aftermarket system.

2. Hank101

Hank101 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
  3. TomDac

TomDac Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    When my iPhone is plugged into the USB, I see the album art. When it isn't, and I connect thru BT, the album art doesn't show up.

Haven't tried a flash drive. Is that what you're trying to use?

4. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I use a flash drive and the album art for some songs show up while others do not. I think it has to do with whether I have downloaded the whole album or a single track.

If anyone knows how I need to organize the music on the flash drive so you can find artists or tracks in an easy way please let me know. My stereo is currently playing everything in a completely random way. I don't have random selected either.

5. Rebound

Rebound Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    You'll need to plug the flash drive into a PC and view the differences between the songs which do and don't display cover art.

Most likely, it only displays cover art for mp3's that have the art embedded into the mp3 file. And the art probably had to be the right format, which is probably jpeg, not exceeding some dimensions. An mp3 meta tag editor can fix the problem files.